Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Derby: Anybody Got Any Bets On? Anybody Much CARE Anymore?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Its a measure of how far the Derby has fallen in popular appeal that there's not a single thread about it on page one of NSC on Derby Day.

Despite Evil Keiron Fallon being banned by the High Court from riding RECITAL, his intended mount still looks a grand bet at a grand price (5/1 or thereabouts). Oh, and an each-way saver on Frankie's OCEAN WAR (14/1 ish).

Don't fancy the Queen's horse CARLTON HOUSE much, but if she has a runner in the Derby on the first day of her Diamond Wedding gig next year, put your house on it cos they'll LET her win, same as they do for the last ride of a jockey who has got a last ride before retiring. Believe it! :thumbsup:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
been crapping it all week fearing my nag would be pulled out , most at work got on carlton house at 11-1 before its last win ,some have it at even bigger price .

her indoors has done memphis tenalady or something so no doubt thatl romp in at a huge price

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
Also backed RECITAL. I'm unconvinced CARLTON HOUSE is 100% fit.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My other half has been glued to the box since TV coverage started, staggeringly she's even passed up watching the womens final at Roland Garros to soak it all up. Her money is on Recital and Pour Moi.

Have to say that going on an open top double decker bus and being parked on the side of the track looks like an excellent day out.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Never been the least bit interested in any horse race. Betting is only vague reason can see anyone being vaguely into it and then why not bet on something interesting instead!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Local boy on the Queens horse, what's not to like.

SEAGULLS TILL I DIE

Jan 6, 2008
got crapped on twice yesterday by birds so thought luck was in my hands so put a few bob on treasure beach each way, was so close to winning but still get a tidy return for 2nd!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Couple of quid each way on Treasure Beach, thought he had it all the way to the line. Gutted, £50's a lot of money for a student :lol:

Oh well, still made money with it coming in second.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here