Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Definitive Poll - Do you have a second club ?

Do you have a Second Team ?

• Yes - For whatever reason

Votes: 29 21.6%
  • No - Only the Albion for me

Votes: 104 77.6%
  • I dont support any club and am lost on here - please help me

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
I think the poll would e better if it split down other teams in to English teams or others. Glasgow Rangers for me.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm pretty confident that most of those, who consider themselves to have a 'second team', are refering to either a foreign side, or a non-league local team, rather than to Liverpool or Man United.

Oct 25, 2003
the only team that comes close is newcastle.......it's for family reasons (one of the last things my grandad did was watch newcastle play at st james' park) and I also lived there for a few years so used to go a bit........however I certainly don't 'support' them........I guess I kind of want them to win against other teams, but don't really care what their result is, and when they play Brighton it's no contest as to who I want to win

I 'follow' teams from other leagues........particularly Kansas City in MLS, but again, I'm not really bothered how they do

Brighton are the only team that can affect my mood

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The only team that comes close for me (following not supporting) is Hercules CF based in Alicante

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
I also support Aldershot (Town), I'm from there. It has never been a problem except when the Albion played them in an F A Cup match in 2000. I stood in with the Shots supporters and cheered when they scored, but I also cheered when the Albion scored. There were 8 goals that afternoon. Folk did consider me a little strange...

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I have picked one team from the Premier League to support, but it's not in any meaningful way. It's more just so I have some faint interest when my mates watch Premier League games at the pub. Last season it was Spurs, but 'Arry amused me (despite being a twat), don't know if I'll pick one this season. Never really care about them though, so voted no.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
no

When watching other teams on the box etc. I will pull the the team playing guile and flair or the underdog.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Yes, to be honest I nominally follow a team in most other countries - but in particular Celtic and Aberystwyth Town. However they have absolutely 0.01% chance of ever having a conflict of interest with the Albion, so I reject any criticism whatsoever from the saddos who say it's not allowed.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'm pretty confident that most of those, who consider themselves to have a 'second team', are refering to either a foreign side, or a non-league local team, rather than to Liverpool or Man United.

Or Brighton.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Allianza Lima, Grimsby, sidley, you could pick more than a few sides I'd take an interest in but you can't be a proper football fan and support two sides!

Voted yes.

Reason:

I was brought up just outside Cardiff and my dad would take me to Ninian Park to watch them play until we moved in 1980. I wouldn't say I support them, I do not buy any of their merchandise or ever go to watch them but I do always look for their results and it pleases me when they win.

Brighton have been my team since 1980. I was 12, I consider myself to Brighton through and through but will always have a soft spot for Cardiff.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I have a soft spot for some other teams, but on a scale of about 1% of what I feel for the Albion.

This. People were asking me if I had caught Team GB's game, I couldn't care less as Brighton were playing in a pre-season friendly.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Nope, I'm Sussex born and bred, we have a league club so why would I need a second?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There is only one team's results that can make or spoil my weekend. That's enough too thanks.

There are other teams I'll support when I'm watching a game but I'll walk away at the end, win lose or draw and have forgotten it and moved on to something else before I'm out the room.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Soft spot for Ronda CF. My family's Spanish "local" side, saw one of the most entertaining and bizarre games of football ever there a couple of years back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here