Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Current Credit Crunch

Is The Current Credit Crunch Causing You Financial Pain ?

• Yes

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • No

Votes: 38 61.3%
  • I am on the phone to Ocean Finance as I post

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Is this proving to be an issue to you or not, time to vote

Personally we have cut back on things and try to have car free days.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I have stopped spending money on Prostitutes who won't do anal.

Dandyman

In London village.
Thanks to the spivs of the financial services industry, it 's an issue for most of us I would think.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
working at amex in the credit and collections department it is making work alot busier, therefore more overtime so im ok!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I've started turning the engine off when driving down hill, and filling the tank with liquidised BROCCOLI.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I feel quite smug, I got my mortgage rate fixed for 10 years when I bought my new house last year, so no, at the moment I'm not hugely affected.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I'm also looking to gamble more. Let's face it, some nice easy money courtesy of the poker tables on-line has never come in more handy.

Btw, do you have that Ocean Finance number?

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
It depend on what you call the credit crunch? If you mean simply the ability to get credit no because I have no plans to apply for any more in the forseeable future.

The business I run is in the home improvements sector which is currently quieter than normal, however signs point to people looking to improve what they've got rather than move so fingers crossed for a booming upcoming season in the fireplace industry!

If you mean things like the fact my car now costs £75 to fill up when 12 months ago when i bought it the cost was £60 the yes, yes it is a bloody issue!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Personally I am hoping that my long standing debts get wiped off the system by all these new ones coming in...unlikely though.

Petrol is the killer for me. Gone up by nearly £30.00 per fill

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yep, dont use much diesel at all but its worrying the way the prices are shooting up. Also food shopping is about £50 a week for the 2 of us, we could cut back but we dont want to as its not an issue.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Also as someone who works in the pub/club industry it is definately noticeable!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I still feel quite "rich" because my missus gets full-time hours now in her job instead of part time, which wasn't the case not so long ago. Every month-end now feels like we've won the lottery

:)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Also as someone who works in the pub/club industry it is definately noticeable!

Really, less people going out now I assume ?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I was on the verge of putting an offer in on a house a while ago, but decided to hold fire and my decision appears to have been vindicated.

I gave up my car last year and bought myself a new bicycle and use the train to get to work, so I am saving sums of money that way, assuming train prices do not jump up further!

My student loan is indexed linked I think and it was sold off by the govt. so I expect to pay more on that. :angry:

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Just sold the house I bought in to on a short term investment which has paid out very nicely. No debts, no credit cards, no worries :smokin:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here