• Bell-end

Votes: 101 41.6%

• Total voters

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I LOVE my weekly dose of ARS, Ernest you are a GENIARS :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Why can't you vote using a phone with TAPATWAT?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
NSC Legend :bowdown:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
ERNEST is most definitely a CULT of the highest order.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
As a true Brighton fan I'm right behind Ernest's ARS. Up the ARS!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Much as I don't find it that funny (and may make the occasional remark to that effect), it's not Ernest so much as the other posters who proceed to parrot the same routine over and over, watering fown any semblance of humour in the original until it disappears completely. I could, of course, just not open the threads at all but this is an internet forum after all :thumbsup: :)

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
ernest has GROWN on me.

Dammit those caps are almost appropriate, shall leave it to the master

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Please someone explain to me why Ernest is funny. I'm not trying to belittle him or the people who like him, I just want to understand. Is it meant to be ironic? satirical? please tell me. I like to think i have a diverse taste in comedy and i've been on N.S.C for many years and I've seen many intelligent and funny posters come and go and for me Ernest isn't one of them.
SORRY

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Without the ARS there would be no Albion, not always funny but Ernest is a legend in his own lunchtime and his transfer rumours are scoops of the highest order.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
To keep perpetuating a myth, lends it its status. To keep perpetuating a dick head, lends one their status. Thusly: a mythical dick head is clearly something to be. However when one takes parody too far, one can topple into a very unconvincing impression of the persona one is attempting to deride. From this perspective I can only conclude that while this particular individual had a sound basis for ironic interpolation of the facts herein presented (NSC), somehow the invented persona hath derailed the originator: as a stealthily clad double agent would walk uninhibited into the heartland of his or her enemy. I therefore surmise, that the joke is no longer thus, and that the created persona is indeed headed (in a gravity free slide) toward a self proclaimed and wholly selfish apotheosis.

So... Bell end it is then.

Kosh

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
To keep perpetuating a myth, lends it its status. To keep perpetuating a dick head, lends one their status. Thusly: a mythical dick head is clearly something to be. However when one takes parody too far, one can topple into a very unconvincing impression of the persona one is attempting to deride. From this perspective I can only conclude that while this particular individual had a sound basis for ironic interpolation of the facts herein presented (NSC), somehow the invented persona hath derailed the originator: as a stealthily clad double agent would walk uninhibited into the heartland of his or her enemy. I therefore surmise, that the joke is no longer thus, and that the created persona is indeed headed (in a gravity free slide) toward a self proclaimed and wholly selfish apotheosis.

So... Bell end it is then.

Kosh

Hang on a god darn minute; surely that is pot kettle black when your critique is deliverd in the style of a worn-out parody of Danny from Withnail & I (a character who was a parody of a parody to start with)?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's easy enough to avoid his THREADS if you don't like his style of humour, so leave them to the rest of us who are closet ARS members.

In addition to this, his one man TIRADE at Peter Shilton, when playing for the Stains at the Dell in 1982/3, which resulted in the former England keeper politely asking him to 'give it a rest please mate', in a very forlorn voice, will always put him in the LEGEND class for me.

It's easy enough to avoid his THREADS if you don't like his style of humour, so leave them to the rest of us who are closet ARS members.

In addition to this, his one man TIRADE at Peter Shilton, when playing for the Stains at the Dell in 1982/3, which resulted in the former England keeper politely asking him to 'give it a rest please mate', in a very forlorn voice, will always put him in the LEGEND class for me.
You misquote Shilton.

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaa

Shilts to Ernest 'will you shut the f*** up you f***ing prick '

Not many people have been spoken to like that by Englands No. 1 :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

peter shilton

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Painfully boring now. The same joke over and over and over again. Would be ok if he varied it once in a while. Not a bell end, just boring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here