Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Crimea, Ukraine

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I've got to organise my mates stag weekend, and we're thinking of heading to The Crimea in Ukraine. It should be around the time of the Euros too, and although there's no matches near by we reckon the atmosphere will be pretty good all over the place. Just thought I'd ask good old NSC if anyone has been or has anything to recommend or warn me about... Where are the best beaches, nicest towns to stay and best night life? :banana:

Cheers.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
UEFA are already drawing attention to the significan infrastructure issues that will not be resolved in time for Euros in Ukraine

Jan 30, 2008
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4436032 said:
I've got to organise my mates stag weekend, and we're thinking of heading to The Crimea in Ukraine. It should be around the time of the Euros too, and although there's no matches near by we reckon the atmosphere will be pretty good all over the place. Just thought I'd ask good old NSC if anyone has been or has anything to recommend or warn me about... Where are the best beaches, nicest towns to stay and best night life? :banana:

Cheers.
sounds like the light brigade are massing again

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I am married to a Ukrainian, and go every year..... Crimea is beautiful and hilly. Yalta is the the most lively place to stay, though its still a semi tacky holiday resort. though in the summer they have a massive open air one month beach party called Kazantip, loads of western DJs...Ferry Corsten etc

http://kazantip.com/gallery/

The place, without doubt I would go, I love it, is Odessa........ sort of shabby chic, feels quite parisien, big city, beaches with watersports, incredible nightlife, and you have never seen women like it in your life. Its the former Soviet Union big beach destination. So loads of Russians and Ukrainians still go their on holiday. It has a bustling Brigthton Summer feel to it, though its bigger and always hot.

There are tons of bars, and clubs in and around the city centre, but in the summer they have a load of big open air clubs on the seafornt in an area called "Arkadia", a lot of the top DJs there as well, its a well hidden secret imho..... dancing till 8am in the open air. google club Ibiza all white washed, Club Itaka open air like some roman temple theme, The Palladium indoor..... its a bit like veronicas in Tenerife, 1 km with loads of bars and open air clubs all next to each other..... heaving on Friday and Saturdays with house music, some more normal type music during week. Its got a lot of cool bars and cafes.

No direct flight to Odessa from UK or Crimea, best for Crimea is ww.wizzair.com from Luton - fly to Kiev than transfer to Simferopol, which is Crimeas main airport and taxi to wherever. (you will get ripped off with taxis - PM and I'll tell you how much you should pay!)

Odessa, you can fly from Gatwick via Riga with airBaltic - Go to the Baltics! Cheap flights to Riga, Vilnius, Tallinn, East and West Europe, Central Asia, Caucasus and Middle East! Cheap tickets here! or this year we went with Ukrainian airline aerosvit, all newish western aircraft........ booked though www.kayak.co.uk, about 200 quid return (it was 50 quid cheaper this year for us by booking 2 one-ways rather than return??)

Oh and by the way..... this is what awaits in Odessa, its better than the vids suggest, rocking mate.

IBIZA

The Employees:

Meanwhile inside The punters:

While from Above:

chilling out the back listening to some dodgy mixing on the beach:

ITAKA

you can google Palldium and the rest, whatever you choose PM, be glad to help if needs be. Know of good places to get accom, pitfalls etc. You'll love it.

PW

Last edited:

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Fantastic mate! We were originally thinking of Odessa but then thought that maybe the Crimea would be better. Having read your post, I reckon we may well end going to Odessa. We were thinking of just getting a cheap Wizz Air to Kiev and then a train down to Odessa. I've done a lot of train travelling in Poland and it was brilliant fun and cheap, imagine it's probably similar to Ukraine. Have you done any train travel over there? Thanks for the info, will no doubt PM you nearer the time!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4436274 said:
Fantastic mate! We were originally thinking of Odessa but then thought that maybe the Crimea would be better. Having read your post, I reckon we may well end going to Odessa. We were thinking of just getting a cheap Wizz Air to Kiev and then a train down to Odessa. I've done a lot of train travelling in Poland and it was brilliant fun and cheap, imagine it's probably similar to Ukraine. Have you done any train travel over there? Thanks for the info, will no doubt PM you nearer the time!

Yeah loads of train travel, most are overnight sleepers..... and wizz air now operates into Kievs second airport which is neaerer city centre and quite near train station, though you'd have to book train in advance.....and expect to get fleeced...you will pay 3-4 times what locals pay (local about £15 one way) saying that, the flights this year with aerosvit from Gatwick with 2 hour wait in Kiev and 40 min flight to Odessa were cheaper than wizzair....... one way from gatwick isn't expensive. Odessa airport is quite near Arkadia, and you'd get to Odessa that same night rather than next morning, so another night on the sauce!

PM if you need to mate, I will be there next year at some point, espcecially if England are based there.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here