Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Cricketers is PLUSH now...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Checked out the Cricks in Southwick tonight as its been shut for a few weeks for a refurb...blimey. Hardly recognised the place. French doors and polished wooden floors, brand new plasmas all over the place, a nice raised decking section outside with parasoles and heaters, lick of paint, TWO new pool tables surrounded by raised tables and seating. Its bloody marvellous. The whole of the front of the pub will open out during the summer, continental style. Even the barmaids had had a shave. I'm IMPRESSED.

England game on Wednesday, and I do believe I will be going THERE for the game. Well done to all involved.

:clap:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Have they refurbished the customers too?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Rangdo said:
Have they refurbished the customers too?
Oh it'll still be stuffed to the rafters with plebs, spackos, divs, weekend warriors and underage drinkers. But at least the surroundings will be better. I'm glad they havn't completely PONCED the place up and made it into some kind of winebar. Its still primarily and unmistakenly a PUB. The upgrade in TV's (including a new improved GIANT SCREEN that was tantilisingly rolled up tonight), will ensure that it is still the premiere venue in Southwick for an England game and a punch-up afterwards amongst the hysterical, screeching hoopy ear-ringed muntmeisters.

Last edited:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
You are a real social butterfly, Easy. I have never been near any of these places but your 'critiques' of Cheeky Chicken, The Kings Head stripper night, Woolworths and Threshers on your lunch hour, this pub and even McDonalds really make me feel like part of the action.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Starry said:
You are a real social butterfly, Easy. I have never been near any of these places but your 'critiques' of Cheeky Chicken, The Kings Head stripper night, Woolworths and Threhers on your lunch hour, this pub and even McDonalds really make me feel like part of the action.
Why thank you Starry. I like to pass on these anecdotal titbits in my efforts to ensure NOBODY on NSC has an unnecessarily revolting burger, disappointing shopping experience or a generally unpleasant night out. Think of me as your very own virtual TOUR GUIDE.

:)

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Easy 10 said:
Checked out the Cricks in Southwick tonight as its been shut for a few weeks for a refurb...blimey. Hardly recognised the place. French doors and polished wooden floors, brand new plasmas all over the place, a nice raised decking section outside with parasoles and heaters, lick of paint, TWO new pool tables surrounded by raised tables and seating. Its bloody marvellous. The whole of the front of the pub will open out during the summer, continental style. Even the barmaids had had a shave. I'm IMPRESSED.

England game on Wednesday, and I do believe I will be going THERE for the game. Well done to all involved.

:clap:

I have to say it sounds awful. Probably looks like another Ikea pub.

Pubs with Plasma screens and loads of pool tables have one use. Watching football. That's it.

Other than that, give me oak beams, fireplaces and a wide selection of real ale in tip top condition any day.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
it cant be better than the cricketers in burgess hill, which has a GAMES ROOM:bowdown: :bowdown:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Easy 10 said:
Why thank you Starry. I like to pass on these anecdotal titbits in my efforts to ensure NOBODY on NSC has an unnecessarily revolting burger, disappointing shopping experience or a generally unpleasant night out. Think of me as your very own virtual TOUR GUIDE.

:)

Do you have a virtual umbrella to stick in the air as your tour around?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here