Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the championship winning sides- what EVER happened to......

Oct 25, 2003
from what i can remember, these are the main players to have played for us over those two glorious seasons

gk:
kuipers (still at brighton),
cartwright (seems to be goalkeeper coach at livingston via spells at shrewsbury, halifax and leek(where he managed)),
simon royce (at gillingham)

defenders:
paul watson (crawley town via spells at coventry, rushden and woking),
kerry mayo (just released by brighton),
danny cullip (gillingham via sheffield united, watford, forest and qpr),
andy crosby (scunthorpe via oxford),
matt wicks (anyone know what happened to him?),
nathan jones (yeovil town),
simon morgan (now works for fulhams community department),
adam virgo (celtic, with loan spells at coventry and colchester)
robbie pethick (retired, last club havant & waterlooville)

midfielders:
charlie oatway (assistant manager at havant & waterlooville),
richard carpenter (welling united),
paul rogers (working for the club),
steve melton (currently at kings lynn via hull and boston)
junior lewis (unsurprisingly at stevenage with peter taylor via swindon, hull, brentford, mk dons)
david lee (anyone know?)
gary hart (just released by brighton)
paul brooker (currently playing for chertsey town in the combined counties league via leicester, reading and brentford)
geoff pitcher (anyone know?)

strikers:
bobby zamora (west ham via tottenham)
lee steele (northwich victoria via oxford, leyton orient, chester)
scott ramsey (eastbourne borough?)
dirk lehmann (retired after motherwell, yokohama, jahn regensburg)
daniel webb (afc wimbledon after...*takes deep breath* : hull, lincoln, cambridge, yeovil, rushden, woking, marsaxlokk)

dunno why i just wasted all that time doing that, procrastination central

have i missed anyone?

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Geoff Pitcher is a part time fireman now i believe. One of my mates did his training with him.

And plays for St Francis Rangers

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
David Lee went to Aldershot, but suffered a bad leg break and ended up released. I think he might have had a spell with AFC Wimbledon after that, could be wrong though.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Wonder how old Brooker is? His career just nose dived.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Cheers for doing that, made for an interesting read and not a waste of time at all. Interesting to see that (Zamora aside) every other player has spiralled downwards. Is it fair then to say that most players played above their standard or that we were very reliant on one man?

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I think a team sometimes just gels, Wilko, and becomes more than the sum of its parts. Down to the manager, team spirit, the confidence of a good run, whatever.

Brooker's lack of success after he left definitely shows though that the grass is not always greener...

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Cheers for doing that, made for an interesting read and not a waste of time at all. Interesting to see that (Zamora aside) every other player has spiralled downwards. Is it fair then to say that most players played above their standard or that we were very reliant on one man?

they werent exactly a young side though - its not suprising now that most of them have fallen to the wayside as age catches up

Oct 25, 2003
thats true, adams built a side based around solid experienced players (cullip, crosby/morgan, carpenter, oatway, rogers) coupled with by FAR the best player in the league- zamora

one GLARING omission is chris mcphee who made his debut in the div 2 winning season......he is now at ebbsfleet after a fairly unsuccessful spell at torquay

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
No longer a fireman, he is a full time policeman and plays for St Francis in County League 1 for a laugh.

I think he's a full time PCSO?

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
David Lee went to Aldershot, but suffered a bad leg break and ended up released. I think he might have had a spell with AFC Wimbledon after that, could be wrong though.

David Lee is currently 'playing' fpr East Thurrock United in the Ryman League

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
one GLARING omission is chris mcphee who made his debut in the div 2 winning season......he is now at ebbsfleet after a fairly unsuccessful spell at torquay

and he has scored some VITAL goals to help them reach wembley this year in the trophy

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I think a team sometimes just gels, Wilko, and becomes more than the sum of its parts. Down to the manager, team spirit, the confidence of a good run, whatever.

Brooker's lack of success after he left definitely shows though that the grass is not always greener...

Spot on !

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Crosby hasn't done to bad, did we release him or did Scunthorpe buy him off us? Either way, he's lasted. How old is he now??

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
thats true, adams built a side based around solid experienced players (cullip, crosby/morgan, carpenter, oatway, rogers) coupled with by FAR the best player in the league- zamora

Chris is indeed at Ebbsfleet, along with Paul McCarthy, saw them both play a couple of weeks back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here