Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the championship has a few nasty fixtures lined up (potentially)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Whenever I've been to West Ham, Millwall, Leeds, Cardiff, Portsmouth or Palace, I've always missed the trouble. What am I doing wrong?

Maybe its just you and me Lord B. I've not missed a trip to Millwall for years, both on the train and parking nearby, I guess because we're not looking for it, we've not found it. likewise, In the pub near the ground before the last game we played at Leeds, swapping stories with Leeds fans about their hopeless attempts to get in the home end at Withdean when they couldn't get away tickets. I guess it's just us, maybe we just don't look the type eh?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Who remembers Cardiff's last ever visit to the Goldstone seem to remember quite a prolonged bit of activity in Hove park after the game that day-

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Whenever I've been to West Ham, Millwall, Leeds, Cardiff, Portsmouth or Palace, I've always missed the trouble. What am I doing wrong?

Same as me. It's only 5 or 6 years ago that we played these teams and there wasn't any bother that I could see.

Lucky we have such a good steward crew and quality policing to keep problems to a minimum.
It certainly wouldn't behoove Brighton fans to stir anything up - who would want to risk a ban from The Amex - especially not in our first season there!

I think away fans will be enthused to visit our lovely new ground too, there'll be less interest in creating at or around the venue.
In town - that's another thing, but Buddha knows we have enough problems with West Street chavs in an ordinary weekend night.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Same as me. It's only 5 or 6 years ago that we played these teams and there wasn't any bother that I could see.

There were fights all over the place as we left the ground at selhurst after the 1-0 win so I don't know what you lot were looking at!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I'm just bloody glad I'll have my 5 year old daughter, to stand behind.
She don't take no shit from no one.

I wouldn't have thought Craig would give out shit.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I think the only trouble will be Brighton fans fighting amongst themselves - That seems to have been a big thing this season at quite a few matches.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
2 posts of the most cock juggling thundercuntishness I think I've read on here since the badger left.

Really, when did you last see anything vaguely nasty at an Albion game. Purile, juvenile delinquency maybe, but nothing even close to nasty. There will be nothing next season that even partly registers on a scale of nastiness, perhaps your memory is based on a bygone era once experienced a long time ago at the Goldstone Ground. Get yourself to a modern Albion game, you might realise things have changed a bit.

Absolute rubbish. There will be trouble with some of those clubs next year. Especially in town before / after the games.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I would think the Hikers Rest is RELISHING a visit from the palace...and on their doorstep as well!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'll be going to watch the football.

As will 99% of everyone else. But that doesn't change the fact that Palace, West Ham, Milwall etc are bound to bring people intent on causing trouble. To pretend that those days are over is ridiculous. Granted it's nothing like as bad as it used to be, but it is still there.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Superphil, are you following Badger soon? As that comment is very likely to come back to haunt you, bumpety bump................

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here