Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Chalk Pit

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Thinking of adding to the stadium names debate with a nickname to go along with our long-term-temporary sponsored name of The Amex.

If / when "The Amex" ceases to be our stadium's official name, and given that some regard "Falmer" with some reticence or animosity due to the association with the stadium's opponents, there seems to be a gap in the market for a 'fan's name' for the stadium.

So how about "The Chalk Pit", in honour of the natural resource that abounds around the location. We've excavated enough of the stuff during the build, after all!!!

Alternatively, could be the nickname for one of the stands?

Over to you for the :lol:, :angry:, :eek:, ???, :tosser:, :sick:, :nono:, :facepalm: or even :clap2:s.

Thank you for your time.

:albion1:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
There is a nice pub (in Lewes) with the same name.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Apart from The North Stand - which I understand will just be 'The North Stand' are we any nearer knowing what the 3 other stands are going to be called?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Thinking of adding to the stadium names debate with a nickname to go along with our long-term-temporary sponsored name of The Amex.

If / when "The Amex" ceases to be our stadium's official name, and given that some regard "Falmer" with some reticence or animosity due to the association with the stadium's opponents, there seems to be a gap in the market for a 'fan's name' for the stadium.

So how about "The Chalk Pit", in honour of the natural resource that abounds around the location. We've excavated enough of the stuff during the build, after all!!!

Alternatively, could be the nickname for one of the stands?

Over to you for the :lol:, :angry:, :eek:, ???, :tosser:, :sick:, :nono:, :facepalm: or even :clap2:s.

Thank you for your time.

:albion1:

How about The Pond, in honour of that one across the road.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Amex is becoming the norm now, but imagine will always be Falmer once Amex have closed the Brighton office and buggered off.

Maybe we should have an NUFC style title like "Amex at the Falmer Stadium.com" (not really)

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
I think the point being made is your assumption that once American Express cease sponsorship then the club will not seek another buyer for the naming rights! Look at what happened to the McAlpine Stadium!

If that's the case, I have maybe confused him. I fully expect another sponsor to take up the mantle if / when American Express say cheerio.

My point is just to suggest a light-hearted alternative fans' name for the stadium (unofficial and therefore independent of any time lines for official sponsors).

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
The Promised Land.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
If that's the case, I have maybe confused him. I fully expect another sponsor to take up the mantle if / when American Express say cheerio.

My point is just to suggest a light-hearted alternative fans' name for the stadium (unofficial and therefore independent of any time lines for official sponsors).

What's wrong with 'The Amex' ?

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton

this might well happen naturally. some wag will call it something amusing/appropriate, others will hear, the name will take... even if it takes many years. that's evolution for you.

you can't force memes

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Can't believe people are actually enthustastic about calling our stadium after a coroporate sponser. I understand they have to exist, and that Falmer might not be the best name - but I will still not be calling it The Amex, The American Express Community Stadium or anything other than Falmer unless something better is thought of.

I see it a bit like Arsenal fans calling the Emirates Ashbuton Grove - which name sounds a lot better?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here