Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Bull's revenge!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think given the opportunity that had presented itself, the bull will be disappointed with his performance in that he only managed to get 40.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Marvellous scenes. Shame it was only 40.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Maybe not but I despise this activity so anyone that goes along is fair game. Also parents that subject their kids to it should be charged with child abuse. It does not take a genius to realise a huge, wild, strong Bull will start getting pissed off when some ponce in a silly costume starts sticking knives in his back. No f*** the lot of them.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Hardly the Bulls Revenge, it was put down after this event.

So you wind up a wild animal, keep it in the dark, then release into a massive auditorium with thousands of jeering humans, and when it goes berserk, you kill it. Brilliant that, f***ing brilliant. Bastards the lot of them

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
It's card was probably marked from birth, any injuries or hospitalisations are a bonus. Most of them probably don't even manage one.

I suppose you are right, how different is this to animals that are killed for their meat?, at least this one had a chance to fight back !

I think I might go veggie now

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Animals that are killed for meat are not generally tortured for our 'entertainment' first, Wanderer. Fair play to the bull - everybody who goes to the bullring knows exactly what the risks are, the bull is acting on instinct alone.

And Uncle S of the 'f*** the lot of them', I'm going to assume you meant those in the bullring rather than all Spaniards? My missus is a Spaniard who is against bullfighting and has never been to see it, and never will. There is a growing movement against it in Spain and as most people on here will know from earlier threads, some regions are already banning it.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Clearly I mean't the people in the Bullring.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Bravo the bull, shame it was put down but it would probably have gone to the slaughterhouse afterwards anyway - thankfully it wasn't the barbaric kind of bullfight where they ram spears into the poor animal, with jumping ability like that maybe we could have signed it.
Maybe it will make those who 'enjoy' this type of entertainment think twice before going again to jeer and tease an animal.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Animals that are killed for meat are not generally tortured for our 'entertainment' first, Wanderer. Fair play to the bull - everybody who goes to the bullring knows exactly what the risks are, the bull is acting on instinct alone.

Well, thanks for that EINSTEIN !!

Of course I realise that, my point is that in the end, the Bull was killed, and I was angry, but then realised that animals are getting slaughtered every day of the week, so it's a bit rich getting angry about the bull and missing the millions of cattle that are killed, even though the circumstances are clearly very different.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Only if the farmers kill off all the cattle.

Or would you prefer them to be released into the wild?

second option would be better thanks ...... it works in India

we have been veggies since the exports from Shoreham and I can't say its been easy especially here in Wales but they are coming round to the fact that not all eating houses have to have meat in their menu's.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Maybe not but I despise this activity so anyone that goes along is fair game. Also parents that subject their kids to it should be charged with child abuse. It does not take a genius to realise a huge, wild, strong Bull will start getting pissed off when some ponce in a silly costume starts sticking knives in his back. No f*** the lot of them.

great post

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Well, thanks for that EINSTEIN !!

Of course I realise that, my point is that in the end, the Bull was killed, and I was angry, but then realised that animals are getting slaughtered every day of the week, so it's a bit rich getting angry about the bull and missing the millions of cattle that are killed, even though the circumstances are clearly very different.

Er, I was expressing an opinion sparked by your post, not trying to explain the difference to you, old boy. No need to be quite so defensive.

I don't quite understand your response, though - are you saying that unless we're angry about humans killing animals to eat them per se, we're not allowed to be angry about bullfighting?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here