Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The British Caledonian Shirt

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Am I alone in thinking that this shirt, plain blue ffs, was a total betrayal of the classic blue and white stripes (which we would have worn alone in the old Division One for our entire 3 year residence, from my addled and rose tinted memory) which Albion had worn throughout the entirety of my years following them (from the early 70's)? From memory, again, the argument fropm the club at the time was along the lines of blue and white stripes are not represenatitive of a top flight club - which was a weak effort at deflecting the fact that the advirtising stood out better on a plain colour.

Humph....

hhmm,, we started the 70s in a blue shirt with white sleeves for the home kit, then went to all white in 70-71 before reverting back to the stripes for 2 seasons, then another season in all white (74-75). Then, from 1980 we had 7 years without the stripes, including our time in the top flight. Not playing in the stripes didn't do us too much harm really.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
hhmm,, we started the 70s in a blue shirt with white sleeves for the home kit, then went to all white in 70-71 before reverting back to the stripes for 2 seasons, then another season in all white (74-75). Then, from 1980 we had 7 years without the stripes, including our time in the top flight. Not playing in the stripes didn't do us too much harm really.

Agreed. Time's a great healer and that's why I specified from when I started supporting them in the ealry 70's - I remember feeling very bitter about it at the time when we went the plain blue as blue and white stripes were all I'd known and I was (and still am) very attached to them.
I was chuffed to bits when we changed back.
74-75 must have been when we moved "up North" to Gulidford(!) and my Dad couldn't get the time to take me to see them.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Just an update if any of you are waiting for this shirt, It has now been 40 days since I won the item so I felt I was left with little choice other than to open a case against the seller. After not responding to my emails he got back to me this morning with the following message

Please waitting I will send replacement shirt to you today. This shirt is turn back to me. Don't worry I think you will receive shirt a shortly. Thanks and so sorry again.

- playsafe333

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
A final update, today marks the 50th day since I purchased this shirt from eBay. It still hasn't arrived...
Regrettably I had to open a case against the seller, who eventually responded saying (in broken English) that he had sent the shirt out ages ago and it had been returned to him, so he had sent it out again. He then issued me a tracking number that didn't exist. My money was refunded today, it's a real shame as I really wanted that item:(

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
A final update, today marks the 50th day since I purchased this shirt from eBay. It still hasn't arrived...
Regrettably I had to open a case against the seller, who eventually responded saying (in broken English) that he had sent the shirt out ages ago and it had been returned to him, so he had sent it out again. He then issued me a tracking number that didn't exist. My money was refunded today, it's a real shame as I really wanted that item:(

Bollocks, don't have much hope for mine arriving then! I won it on the 13/04/2011 and it was apparently posted on 24/04/2011 :cry:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Almost exactly the same here. Opened up the case with Ebay yesterday as that was the deadline day.

Presume will get money back soon.

Absolute crap really. Like Phil says its not difficult to post internationally these days. I have ordered stuff from Hong Kong and its with me in about 10 days.

libra-gully

Jan 26, 2011
WARNING
This seller has changed their details again on ebay. Now appear as Peechong with a zero rating.

This guy has more reinventions than the Tory party. If you have got a shirt from these people, then well done. For the rest of us, whilst they appear to offer a decent product, their after sales and deliveries seem a joke, and I would suggest that we now avoid them.

Just my opinion, but a well thought out one sadly.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
I am selling a rare yellow xl shirt british Caledonian Shirt that I got from the club shop pm me if you want it

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
WARNING
This seller has changed their details again on ebay. Now appear as Peechong with a zero rating.

This guy has more reinventions than the Tory party. If you have got a shirt from these people, then well done. For the rest of us, whilst they appear to offer a decent product, their after sales and deliveries seem a joke, and I would suggest that we now avoid

Just my opinion, but a well thought out one sadly.
Ffs, cheers for the heads up

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Keep the faith. Shirt arrived today and it is the business.

50 days but worth the wait for this ex BCAL bloke.

Oh and Murray you're a complete wanker.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
WOW

55 days later and IT ACTUALLY ARRIVED!!!

I have to say, it is a very good copy, great quality and a good fit!

WELL PLEASED!

Now do I return my refund from eBay or keep it... hmmmm

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Wooo! Nice little surprise when I got in from work today! I have to say I'm rather impressed by the quality too, though the FLAIR Travolta Styleee collar makes my hairy chest look fooking terrible! :thumbsup:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Mine turned up today as well! Good quality better than any of that crap Errea bang out but no surprise there really. Slightly darker blue than he one we actually wore back then but only a shade darker. Just a shame cant deliver in a good time.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

Not forgetting the small matter of a CUP FINAL in the plain blue shirt

Last edited:

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Mine turned up today as well! Good quality better than any of that crap Errea bang out but no surprise there really. Slightly darker blue than he one we actually wore back then but only a shade darker. Just a shame cant deliver in a good time.

The original adidas shirt is nowhere near as good as this crap ftrom Errea....................
errea-01-02-brighton-&-hove-albion-centenary-shirt.gif

and I've got both!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here