Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The British Caledonian Shirt

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
A few more, apologies for the size of them.

Oh and still not got my shirt yet :(

its white.pngBrighton logo.pngcoca cola.pngBrighton_and_Hove_Albion__70_s_logo_.pngTSB.png

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Got mine today at last too. The material and emboldened font for the 'British Caledonian' sponsor is bloody awful. Otherwise it would have been an excellent replica! I'm going to ask the seller if he can do a version without the shirt logo.

Superphil, I take it that Hexis PoliFLEX is durable on pure polyester?

I remember getting the adidas logo printed for the BCal shirt that the club produced. Not sure what the print company used. On 100% polyester, the screen printing started to come off after a few washes. On later batches, it was 66% polyester, 33% cotton, and the print has stayed on ever since.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The Hexis printable is what I used for the REMF sleeve patches and the oldfootballshirts logos on the REMF kits, so long as it is applied at the correct heat and time it should be fine.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

libra-gully

Jan 26, 2011
Has anybody else noticed that suddenly the name of the ebay user has changed, and with it has emerged a whole raft of negative complaints. It appears that ebay control may have merged two entities together that were formally operating apart, as the previous ebay seller had very little bad feedback.

It looks like our earlier suspicions were warrented after all, and those in receipt at last of a half decent item have been lucky.

I think we need to tread carefully in future with this seller.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Anyone who wants the artwork for the Bukta shirt go here:

Bukta logo: http://www.seagulls.tv/artwork/buktablue.eps
Brighton badge: http://www.seagulls.tv/artwork/brightonbadge.eps
Bukta sleeve artwork: http://www.seagulls.tv/artwork/buktasleeves.eps

If anyone knows where I can get the artwork for the sleeves embroidered, let me know! Doesn't quite look right with it screen-printed...

Depends, I have 2 Albion Bukta shirts, one has woven (embroidered) 'Buks' the other has printed 'Buks' down the sleeves.

The embroidered ones look more to me like they are woven, which might make it a little difficult to replicate without paying an arm and both legs.

An alternative would be to buy a current Bukta teamwear 'Best' shirt or similar and see if you can swap out the woven Buks down the sleeve.

Bukta Teamwear

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Has anybody else noticed that suddenly the name of the ebay user has changed, and with it has emerged a whole raft of negative complaints. It appears that ebay control may have merged two entities together that were formally operating apart, as the previous ebay seller had very little bad feedback.

It looks like our earlier suspicions were warrented after all, and those in receipt at last of a half decent item have been lucky.

I think we need to tread carefully in future with this seller.

Hmm I just checked and his name is still playsafe333? I checked his ID history and it's been that since 2009, what am I missing?

The original had 3 stripes on the sleeve

Of course it did; they were Adidas shirts, after all!
I still have mine, purchased from the club shop for £3 around this time in 1983. I always washed it by hand and didn't wear it day in day out, so it's still in pretty good nick.

WTF is that link all about, I didn't put it there! (Hover over it). Will this link produce revenue for NSC? If not, someone ought to inform Bozza.

Last edited:

Guerrero

Jul 17, 2010
Near Alicante.Spain
I have a Sandtex shirt fully signed up and never washed.Ian Chapman era.I think Crumps is on there too.
Is it worth anything?
Or should I give it a good wash.LOL.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Of course it did; they were Adidas shirts, after all!
I still have mine, purchased from the club shop for £3 around this time in 1983. I always washed it by hand and didn't wear it day in day out, so it's still in pretty good nick.

These Thai ones have 3 stripes too.

Mine has been dispatched and inlook forward to it being complete rubbish!

It's not that bad, far better than the ones the guy in South America sells, I dare say when you receive it you'll be happy to wear it.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
there is a very rare player worn yellow away top from 1984 Phoniex Brewery on ebay for sale

libra-gully

Jan 26, 2011
Hmm I just checked and his name is still playsafe333? I checked his ID history and it's been that since 2009, what am I missing?

Playsafe333 has stopped advertising Albion shirts, instead they are appearing under the username longcheang. A bit of a coincidence to have to users selling the same product with same level of postage, both from Thailand.

I just think caution is required.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Think you'll find he's changed his previous seller name because he had got so much negative and neutral feedback, who knows, he might make a better job of this one. To be fait, all he needs to do is a) make sure he has stock, b) ship it promptly, c) have the decency to respond to buyers questions after they have paid.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
A JCL would surely try to turn his nose up at it, thinking it a Chelsea shirt.

May 2, 2010
damn fine shirt the best ever era for football shirts, can someone drop me a link of the company in Thailand as I'm after our 80's Adidas shirt as well.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Am I alone in thinking that this shirt, plain blue ffs, was a total betrayal of the classic blue and white stripes (which we would have worn alone in the old Division One for our entire 3 year residence, from my addled and rose tinted memory) which Albion had worn throughout the entirety of my years following them (from the early 70's)? From memory, again, the argument fropm the club at the time was along the lines of blue and white stripes are not represenatitive of a top flight club - which was a weak effort at deflecting the fact that the advirtising stood out better on a plain colour.

Humph....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here