Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The British Caledonian Shirt

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Nope, not yet, I shall be seeking reimbursement is it hasn't arrived by Friday (that gives them a month from when I paid for it)

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Shit... I emailed the guy after i paid and said if he had a spare medium instead of a large I would be grateful if he could send me that instead, he replied almost immediately and said he would check his stock and send one if he had enough. Good feedback too, a month is taking the piss though

libra-gully

Jan 26, 2011
After many years collecting programmes, I have now decided to collect Albion shirts from across the decades.

If anybody has any home or away shirts in good condition that they wish to sell for cash, please feel free to PM me.

Thankyou.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Nope, not yet, I shall be seeking reimbursement is it hasn't arrived by Friday (that gives them a month from when I paid for it)

I did a little research Phil and someone has just left good feedback for a Caledonian shirt, one month and 2 days after purchase. Hopefully yours wont be much longer, would be grateful if you could bump this thread when it arrives and let us know what you think of it?
Cheers

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I bought one on 12 th march, it was supposed to have been sent on 22nd, still hasnt arrived. As tomorrow is a month gone it'll be time to start chasing it.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I, too, am still awaiting the shirt. It has been a while.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Add me to the list of people waiting, I won mine on the 20th March and still nothing yet. time to fire off an email to see if it has been sent I think

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Anybody received their shirt yet? I have just won one of these shirts but didn't realise people were having trouble with them not turning up :(

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
I have the Bukta home and away kits from the '70's. The away shirt still in very good nick , the home in brilliant condition.Only one problem .I used to wear this shirt only to those special matches . Didn't wash it as didn't want to ruin it. Wore both the Donny and Hereford games .

Because I wore it both these euphoric games ,it was starting resemble a Newcastle shirt due to the Guiness stains that had been spilt on it during the after game celebrations. So I decided it was time to wash it and bring it back to it's former glory.

Imagine my horror when I pulled that pristine gleaming blue and white striped shirt out of the washing machine only to see a shadow of where the Albion badge and Bukta transfer used to be. :cry:

I have been carefully enquiring over the years if anyone can replicate the original transfers using my away shirt as a template and then stick them back on without melting the shirt . Have to be transfers just like the original and not vinyl like the retro.

Anybody know anywhere that do such a thing ? :(

Still got my B Cal . Those Thai replicas look near enough like the original .

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
PFJ, I can supply you with the artwork for both the Albion badge and the Bukta logo.

A year or so ago, I added the transfers to the Albion shirt from Toffs (after having unstitched the sewn-on badge that it originally came in). I also know a company that are willing to do the printing of these logos.

PM me for details.

By the way, having viewed the shirt Peter Ward wore at the Blackpool game in April 1978, it appears that the players had stitched on logos rather than the transfers that the replica shirts had.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
And no, my Thai B-Cal shirt has still not arrived. Paid for it March 15. Estimated arrival is April 7th - 26th. I'm getting edgy about it.

LS6

Nov 9, 2010
Mine is supposed to be delivered between April 1st to April 19th. Will give it to the 19th then see what the dealio is

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Bcal shirt arrived today, Photos attached. I won’t get misty eyed over it, it’s not perfect by any means, the embroidery is average (although the originals weren't embroidered), the screen printing is a bit ropey, but then I have seen just as bad on official replica shirts. I’m wearing it right now to try and remove some of the creases from the folds in transit, then I’ll post some images on oldfootballshirts.com and maybe some better ones here.

Certainly better than the South American replica I bought some time age, and certainly cheaper than trying to find a decent original one.

View attachment 23506View attachment 23507

Attachments

• P1090730 (Large) (Small).JPG
    P1090730 (Large) (Small).JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 265
  • P1090732 (Large) (Small).JPG
    P1090732 (Large) (Small).JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 267

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Mine also arrived today (apparently the delay was due to a 10day national holiday -thats right TEN!) Must admit that,although I dont consider myself any sort of expert, other than the lack of felting on the writing & motifs its a bloody good copy.

Seeing this has just reminded me that I have one on order aswell! Hopefully it will arrive today along with everybody elses!

PFJ, I can supply you with the artwork for both the Albion badge and the Bukta logo.
I also know a company that are willing to do the printing of these logos.

Thats very interesting, any chance Mr Rapper?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
If you want to get transfers made up, to the same spec as on modern footie shirts, then go to your local signmaker and give them the artwork and say you want them produced on either:

Hexis PoliFLEX film for single colour graphics, like the badges on the original shirts, it also comes in a range of standard colours.

Or if's to be multi coloured (like the Heatpressed SKINT logos) then get them to print it on Hexis PoliFLEX 4015 Printable.

They (print) and cut out the images on a plotter and put a transfer tape over the top.

These can then be taken along to the club shop where normally if you ask them nicely they will press it onto your shirt.

Material costs work out at about £12-£15 per m2, so for a badge and sponsors name on a Bcal shirt the material cost should be no more than £1.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
If these are any use to anyone I can send out the high quality Adobe Illustrator files that can be resized to any size and are probably the format you need for printers to reprint the logos

ribero.pngskint2.pngskint.png1991 play off logo.pngfootball league.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here