Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Brighton Marathon.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
So, Whose going to sign up?

Brighton Marathon – Home

It's the weekend before London, but if you sign up to this (next Tuesday) and get accepted into London then you're able to get a refund on the Brighton one apparently.

I shall be attending!

course_map.jpg

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I think I will do london on a charity place - did it 2 yrs ago when it was really hot - great day but almost killed me and I got a crap time - I am tempted to sign up to Brighton as raising £1500 takes a lot of effort - I am not sure if it will actually go ahead though.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I haven't paid anything, I sent them an e-mail months ago when the story about the Brighton marathon being set up was in the Leader. I joined the online thing and got an e-mail to confirming my entry. I have to be honest, I didn't know they were going to charge me for the event! Seems a bit harsh. I look forward to winning it though. :thumbsup:

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Well, it's only just been confirmed and signed off so if you really want a place I'd suggest getting back in touch as I doubt you'd get in for free.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I've signed up for it once, I'm not bothered enough to do it again. Besides, just because I haven't been charged having signed up first time, doesn't mean it won't happen. They said in the e-mail response that the event wasn't even officially confirmed yet, they were waiting to gauge the audience and see how many people would be interested. Clearly, it's enough to make the event viable.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Apparently there will be 10,000 spots this year, rising as it gets more popular (or so they say).

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Why is the distance on the green mile markers about 5 times longer between 4 and 5 than 22-23??

Yup, I will be definitely signing up for the marathon. Having run 24 full marathons to date, it will be great to run one in my home city. However, the 18 mile marker is at the bottom of my road. Bit too close for comfort!

The organisers have not notified the locals that they won't be able to get out of their drives yet. Could be interesting!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
45 quid!!!

must be the most expensive race in the world!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am not sure if it will actually go ahead though.

Why do you think this? I'm pretty certain it will.

Sadly, I'm a tart and I only want to the 5 Majors. One down, four to go. I need a helluva lot of motivation to do a marathon and the only the really big ones do it for me.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I'd kinda like to, but it looks shit and £45 is a rip-off. I get tired of marathons and all the people who seem to use them as some kind of altruistic line in the sand ("ooh, look at me, aren't I great? Give me a fiver to do something that's fairly enjoyable anyway...)

There are so many good, competitive 10ks in Sussex this year (the Brighton one's in November) that I can't imagine doing owt else.

D

Deleted User X18H

Absoulutly ridiculous another way to clog The City Up!! What about if a Brightonian wants or needs to get to the RSCH or Maternity during this !!! Brighton and Hove is a place simply to live in not to be seen in.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I'd kinda like to, but it looks shit and £45 is a rip-off. I get tired of marathons and all the people who seem to use them as some kind of altruistic line in the sand ("ooh, look at me, aren't I great? Give me a fiver to do something that's fairly enjoyable anyway...)

There are so many good, competitive 10ks in Sussex this year (the Brighton one's in November) that I can't imagine doing owt else.

Love the 10ks,Arundel coming up in august,thats a toughie!.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here