Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The biggest game in over a decade...

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
So say BBC Sussex. WHAT A LOAD OF OLD SHIT!

I can't wait but I wouldn't call it a big game. Its a MASSIVE day out. But....

in reality even if we win, which who knows! We wont win the cup. And even if we do win the cup (which could happen in theory). We will only be in league 1 next season if we get 50 points in the next 4 months.

I love a trip out to a prem side like the next man. But give me a back-to-back title winning team any day!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
What utter shite, we have had games a million times more important than this, Play off final? last day survival x2? what a load of shite.

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
So what was the last biggest game then. Over a decade, are they referring to Hereford 97???

Chesterfield, Swindon, Ipswich and Stockport at home were pretty big, as were the play off semis and final.

I believe theyre refering to Herford. What about Spurs away in the cup on their basis? or West Ham? Or Man City in the Carling Cup? I expected this from Heart (or whatever its called this week) but BBC Sussex? Who cover EVERY game? Ian Hart would be ashamed

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Its called 'build up' although imho the play-off final was a far bigger game, for not only the possible promotion to the Championship but the fact that 30,000 plus fans, many of whom were part of the lost generation, had a day out following the Albion at a great stadium.

Tomorrow will be a great day, but in the grand scheme of things not as vital as the trip to Cardiff 6 years ago.

I'm predicting a one all draw followed by a ticketing binfest for the replay.:thumbsup:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I believe theyre refering to Herford. What about Spurs away in the cup on their basis? or West Ham? Or Man City in the Carling Cup? I expected this from Heart (or whatever its called this week) but BBC Sussex? Who cover EVERY game? Ian Hart would be ashamed

I guess it is no different to Sky Sports calling crap premier league fixtures like Fulham vs Hull JUDGEMENT DAY or Liverpool vs Tottenham GRANDSLAM SUNDAY

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
Its called 'build up' although imho the play-off final was a far bigger game, for not only the possible promotion to the Championship but the fact that 30,000 plus fans, many of whom were part of the lost generation, had a day out following the Albion at a great stadium.

Tomorrow will be a great day, but in the grand scheme of things not as vital as the trip to Cardiff 6 years ago.

I'm predicting a one all draw followed by a ticketing binfest for the replay.:thumbsup:

I agree its build up but its a bit out of order to old Dick who achieved so much in the last 12 years to be out done by a trip to Villa in the cup.

Whilst we are reminiscing. Bristol Away last season followed by Stockport at home was brilliant after such a bad season. I still love you BIG Rus

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
biggest game off the f***ing decade ?! it hardley means anything!
Even if we do beat villa (which lets face it we probally won't) we will NEVER win the cup,
play-off final, swindon second leg, ipswich, and stockport last season had far more at stake and meant ALOT more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here