The Biggest Game Ever?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I think we had 36,000 v Notts county.
It would be interesting to see how many went ,I reckon 30,000

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
If we are in or just above the bottom 4 at the time of the final, i would say no more than 20,000, probably less than that.

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
Lets not get carried away...we've still got 3 matches to get thru before Wembley is a reality. Regional final v Luton/Colchester...poss final v Scunny or Tranny.
We've been this far before and blown out....oh I forgot we are in a rich vein of form...surely nothing can stop us ! ( Cynical Bastard )

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Pretty sure the 83 replay would have had a greater Albion following than the final due to the corporate rules for the first game. I would imagine we took near enough 40,000 to the replay?

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
We Had 32,400 For The Notts Game. I Dont Think Getting Relegated In 83 Harmed The Demand For Wembley Tics.probably The Reverse. I Know We Are Not There Yet But We Are Getting Close.

you are awear that in 1983 we contested the FA cup final yes? this JPT is not quite the same.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
I think we'd do well to take 20,000. It would be great of this could keep the interest in the part time fans though. We badly need them to remember there is a club here for when Falmer opens.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
Albion Had A 25,000 Allocation For The First Game And 30,000 For The Replay. But Not All The 25,000 Made It To Albion Fans! One Of Bha Darker Moments.
But The Question We All Want The Answer To Is What Happened To The Cup Final Money!!!!!!

I still want to know what happened to the 83 wembley money ???

Bamber,the architect of the folly that allowed archer to gain control so easily, sold a big packet of our allocated tickets to the final to manure.

but with regard to the money most was pissed up the wall in compensation to players that we had to get off the payroll.

bamber and mullery signed most of the squad on ridiculously long contracts and to get them off the payroll we had to pay up big money.

foster had 7 years left on his contract when we offloaded him to villa,villa paid £450.000 for him but only gave him a 3 year deal.we were legally commited to compensating him for the other 4 years and actually paid him more than we got.

ever wondered why dean saunders went so cheap?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Are things really that bad that we are having to speculate how we many we are going to take to a Wembley final that we are still 3 games away from and on current form there is more chance of a alien space ship stopping to give fans a lift to the game tomorrow.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Bamber,the architect of the folly that allowed archer to gain control so easily, sold a big packet of our allocated tickets to the final to manure.

but with regard to the money most was pissed up the wall in compensation to players that we had to get off the payroll.

bamber and mullery signed most of the squad on ridiculously long contracts and to get them off the payroll we had to pay up big money.

foster had 7 years left on his contract when we offloaded him to villa,villa paid £450.000 for him but only gave him a 3 year deal.we were legally commited to compensating him for the other 4 years and actually paid him more than we got.

ever wondered why dean saunders went so cheap?

Dont tell me tell the Rev!!

He has always wanted to know about the 83 cup fianal money :lolol:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Anything less then 25k for a wembley trip would be a shocking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here