Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] The Best Italian Restaurant in Sussex

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Have you been to Cin Cin in Brighton or Squisito in Lewes?
I took Mr Nickbrighton to Cin-Cin Brighton a few years ago after being assured it was "amazing" . I found it to be ridiculously overpriced, not particularly nice food, small portions, overpriced canned drinks, cooked from what appeared to be a makeshift kitchen , all set in an old lock-up! Havent been to the Hove restaurant so can not comment on that

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
We are lucky to have 2 decent ones in Newhaven.
Padella D’oro in Bridge Street.
Luna Rossa in West Quay.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
La Campania, High St, Arundel is superb. A great family restaurant, superb and generous portions at reasonable prices. Pizzas are also awesome!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hello NSC, can anyone recommend me a cracking Italian restaurant in Sussex. Happy to travel if its the nuts.

Who thinks they know what the best one is in the region?

Not been to Cin Cin for a while now, but I was/am a huge fan. A complaint I have sometimes heard, also mentioned above, is the portions are small. Something I often do in many a la carte restaurants, is order two starters. If you have a big appetite this will maybe resolve your issue. This way you also get to try different items. If still hungry order a dessert or cheese.

HankSkorpio

Jan 2, 2011
Eastbourne
La Locanda Del Duca and Pomodoro e Mozzarella in Eastbourne are family friendly and run by the same Italian family and are next door to each other. The first is the posher one! I would thoroughly recommend either.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
VIP. Without a shadow of a doubt.

Our previous, Italian, manager agreed too apparently.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
In Brighton:
Trattoria - Al Doumo
Osteria - Cin Cin
Ristorante - Tutto

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Not been to Cin Cin for a while now, but I was/am a huge fan. A complaint I have sometimes heard, also mentioned above, is the portions are small. Something I often do in many a la carte restaurants, is order two starters. If you have a big appetite this will maybe resolve your issue. This way you also get to try different items. If still hungry order a dessert or cheese.
I always finish with a Grappa or two.. It’s disgusting but as my grandfather told me, “it aids digestion”

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
VIP. Without a shadow of a doubt.

Our previous, Italian, manager agreed too apparently.
Until my most recent visit I would have agreed, but in May the portions had shrunk and I left still hungry (a first for this place). Maybe I should try again in the hope it was an off day rather than the ubiquitous shrinkflation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here