Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The best bit of the transfer window for me...

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
... wasn't who we signed, it was who didn't leave.

CMS is staying - and I can't help feeling this is his year
Murmurs about interest in Bridcutt, Vicente & Barnes were bluster
Dunk staying, and will be great again (though he's not been the same player since the Anfield game IMO. Confidence?)
Even Hoskins - I really want to see him get a good run when fully fit.

Say what you like about who we signed, but because of who didn't go, we're stronger, more flexible, more resilient, and higher quality all round.

This is a wonderful time to be an Albion fan, and if you're genuinely feeling 'gutted' (I've read that a lot tonight), you need a massive reality check.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We've made some fantastic signings that we could only have dreamed about 6 months ago; Kuszczak, Bruno, Bridge, Dobbie, Orlandi, Lopez and yet you look at the threads on the board and all you can see is moaning about Hammond. Some people are never happy until they have something to moan about.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
We've made some fantastic signings that we could only have dreamed about 6 months ago; Kuszczak, Bruno, Bridge, Dobbie, Orlandi, Lopez and yet you look at the threads on the board and all you can see is moaning about Hammond. Some people are never happy until they have something to moan about.

Quite.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham

Dunk staying, and will be great again (though he's not been the same player since the Anfield game IMO. Confidence?)

Say what you like about who we signed, but because of who didn't go, we're stronger, more flexible, more resilient, and higher quality all round.

This is a wonderful time to be an Albion fan, and if you're genuinely feeling 'gutted' (I've read that a lot tonight), you need a massive reality check.

good post

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
With you [MENTION=1318]Comedy Steve[/MENTION], not one bad signing and we have lost one decent player in Nooney, but that has been adequately backed up. We're looking very solid.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Very true in many ways. Not sure where Hoskins was going to go though. Hardly in a position to pass a medical anywhere but could still be loaned out. (It's my opinions though that Hoskins can still be a big player for the Albion)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

All fair points if you are suitably enlightened. I guess I have only ever heard of Hammond, the other three hav passed me by in my life, I've never heard of Dobbie, Orlandi or Lopez, or if i have they have passed me by, and for that, I am massively underwhelmed.

Which one is the Gem?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Goalkeepers:

Kuszczak
Ankergren
Brezovan

Defenders:

Bruno
Calderon
El-Abd
Greer
Dunk
Bridge
Painter

Midfielders:

Bridcutt
Crofts
Dicker
Harley
Hammond (I forgot him on purpose, honest)
Lua Lua
Buckley
Vicente
Orlandi
Lopez

Strikers:

Mackail-Smith
Barnes
Dobbie
Hoskins
Agdestein

1 defender short IMO, but I'm happy with that. Could be struggling for Centre-half cover when suspensions and injuries kick in.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
All fair points if you are suitably enlightened. I guess I have only ever heard of Hammond, the other three hav passed me by in my life, I've never heard of Dobbie, Orlandi or Lopez, or if i have they have passed me by, and for that, I am massively underwhelmed.

Which one is the Gem?

Surely you saw Dobbie and Orlandi when they played against us? I would say Lopez is the gem having turned down Villa today to sign for us.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Goalkeepers:

1 defender and 1 striker short of the magic 25, but I'm happy with that. Could be struggling for Centre-half and striker cover when suspensions and injuries kick in.

You forgot Hammond! *pulls back clingfilm on recently sealed can of worms*

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Hoskins staying , so pleased for him and hope he gets his chance now.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010

Excellent post and indeed up to post 12 at least an excellent thread !

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk

Good point - not losing any more players after Nooney and bringing in some decent signings while keeping key players like CMS and Bridcutt is good business. Ok the slight downside is not getting the 'gem' that has been spoken about for weeks but judging by the type of deals we have done today and in the close season we seem to be reliant on shrewd free transfers and loans rather than trying to compete with some of the ridiculous transfer fees being sprayed around. Mind you I guess our wage bill has just taken a big hit and not having sold some of our marginal players Gus might be under pressure to offload one or two when the loan window opens?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Dunk was never going anywhere while a court case lies over his head

Vicente has proved he spends to much time in the treatment room. I couldn't see him going.

Hoskins i wasn't bothered about.

The rest especially Bridcutt and Barnes were the only worry for me. We can't really afford to sell our young stars and filling the team up with late 20's and early 30 year olds.

Which one is the Gem?

....I'd never heard of Bruno or Vicente until they arrived at the Amex.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
My worry is that CMS to Norwich is Noone to Cardiff all over again, nothing this time round, but come January.... Time will tell I guess, I hope we don't lose him. With him and Dobbie up front we could be seriously good.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6

Feeling it that little bit more right now.

Best signing we've made? The sale that never happened.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here