Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The best 0-0 draw I have ever seen

Feb 11, 2007
Brighton
My first match was on 12.10.1968. 42 years of watching the Albion, and I can confidently say that last night was the best 0-0 draw I have ever seen. Well done lads. I thought Dunk and Murray were fabulous when they came off the bench.
Best wishes to Adam El Abd for a quick recovery.

EW

Huple

Unregistered
May 28, 2008
Standish Sanatarium
My first match was on 12.10.1968. 42 years of watching the Albion, and I can confidently say that last night was the best 0-0 draw I have ever seen. Well done lads. I thought Dunk and Murray were fabulous when they came off the bench.
Best wishes to Adam El Abd for a quick recovery.

EW

it would have been a better 0-0 if we had scored that penalty.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I was just watching Poyet's interview, he said that in their recent run of home games Saints had scored 12 and conceed 2, so credit really has to be given to our performance last night.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Totally agree.

Best 0 - 0 I've ever seen also.

End to end stuff ( ok, first half, mostly our end ).

19 corners and 29 attempts. Great game.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Hmm. Entertaining enough. But not a patch on the 0-0 draw at White Hart Lane in 1977-78 season for atmosphere or excitement.

Feb 11, 2007
Brighton
I thought jamie Smith was really good. I think he deserves a place in the side. He has loads of movement and forward momentum. Much prefer him to Battipiedi.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Gus must see something in Batty, so I trust his judgement. I don't really understand why Murray was started on the bench. However, it is a long old season and the ability to rotate the squad even at this stage , it must and will reap benefits at the end of the season. I personally think yesterday was our coming of age as the 'League Leaders'. We are in there for the season, no doubt.

TNBA

TTF

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
We drew 0-0 with Pompey at home and i remember John Keeley having a great game. That was a good 0-0 to watch.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
We drew 0-0 with Pompey at home and i remember John Keeley having a great game. That was a good 0-0 to watch.

I also remember an excellent 0-0 at Fratton Park where we completely played them off the park for 90 minutes, only for their 'keeper, Knight I think, to keep it level. Mid 90's some time I seem to recall - might even have been a boxing day game, my memory is shit at things like that.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I also remember an excellent 0-0 at Fratton Park where we completely played them off the park for 90 minutes, only for their 'keeper, Knight I think, to keep it level. Mid 90's some time I seem to recall - might even have been a boxing day game, my memory is shit at things like that.

That'll be the September '91 game. ''0-0 Massacre' as reported in The Evening Argus

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
That'll be the September '91 game. ''0-0 Massacre' as reported in The Evening Argus

:laugh: Mid-90's Boxing day turns into September '91. Told you my memory for that sort of stuff was shite! I can quite often remember the smallest detail about games, but don't have a scooby when it comes to when they were played.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here