Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The behavior of fans for the Spurs match

...was exemplary! :clap2:

My voice was hoarse by the end of the day :eek: mostly from talking with fans at the entranceway to the stand, talking people through seating locations and where everything was.
In my experience EVERYONE was understanding about things - ALL the fans in attendance were able to take in the new surroundings and patient about questions that couldn't be answered yet (how warm will it get close to the roof, will it be warm/cold in winter, where are program sellers, will the DJ play my request, does the food stall have tops for my coffee cups/ where can I leave my beer while I...... etc)

That there's no transfer between stands or in-and-out access, as is pretty-much how it is at almost every stadium. No smoking, naturally.
The big one is probably that there is alcohol served.... but it can't be brought into the stands to seats. So - good form is to not buy beers just before start or resumption of play of course.
Everyone understood and dealt with that REALLY well, I had no complaints!!

There are some things some staff won't be able to answer without research - like e.g.;
Where program sellers have set up (as that's up to them to find their best position).
Which food stand has smallest queue, has stock or run out of whichever-flavour of pies/hotdogs/sodas etc (as they are their own entity, stewards won't necessarily be able to keep abreast of all that).

Also; If someone has problems with acrophobia (or vertigo) :ohmy: and is in the Upper West, it's an issue they will need to think about how to deal with regarding their seat location! I'd hope they would have already thought that through, but ya never know.

Anyway - fans I encountered really were a credit to the club :bhasign: in the way they took it all in, found things out for themselves and worked with the newness of it all!
The first few games, there will be more questions as people locate the right entrances and aisles for their seats, but I would think it will get to be a smoother and more routine thing as everyone sees how everything suits them and how they prefer to go like arrival timing for watching prematch entertainment, hearing announcements and watching warm-ups, when to buy beer and where from, where to stand or whether to sit to eat etc.:albion2:

So - for a preliminary look at the fantastic :falmer: Falmer 'Amex' Stadium :amex: in action - a BIG UP to the brilliant way everyone took in the whole event! :clap: :thumbsup:

That's already set a good precedent, and when loads of our fans make their FIRST game visit - if they are anything like as cool as that Albion v Spurs presentation, we are in GOOD shape! :thumbsup:
It's already exciting to be here at this point, I can just see this being a wonderful revelation for all of us - so much to take in, so much to like!!

Well done, happy days, and ....COME ON BRIGHTON!! :bounce:

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
about questions that couldn't be answered yet (how warm will it get close to the roof, will it be warm/cold in winter, will the DJ play my request, does the food stall have tops for my coffee cups/ where can I leave my beer while I...... etc)

Where program sellers have set up (as that's up to them to find their best position).
Which food stand has smallest queue, has stock or run out of whichever-flavour of pies/hotdogs/sodas etc (as they are their own entity, stewards won't necessarily be able to keep abreast of all that).

You are f***ing kidding me. People were asking those sorts of questions? I despair sometimes.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
You are f***ing kidding me. People were asking those sorts of questions? I despair sometimes.

i was told by the albion that i could top up my smart card at any outlet. when i asked the girl at the bar she said they haven't been trained to yet :lolol: and when i tried on the internet i couldnt log on because my card wasn't valid. no biggie. i understand that it's not THAT simple, so i'll take an additional mid-weekly trip to the superstore to get topped up n.n

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
i was told by the albion that i could top up my smart card at any outlet. when i asked the girl at the bar she said they haven't been trained to yet :lolol: and when i tried on the internet i couldnt log on because my card wasn't valid. no biggie. i understand that it's not THAT simple, so i'll take an additional mid-weekly trip to the superstore to get topped up n.n

Thats fair enough.

However NMH was telling us the sort of questions people were asking STEWARDS.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Nice to hear something positive from the stewards for a change. maybe everyone will be able to get along this season.

Reactions: NMH

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Thats fair enough.

However NMH was telling us the sort of questions people were asking STEWARDS.

fair play. for the sake of ****s and giggles, why don't we ask the stewards about the most stupid things they've ever been asked. there's a veritable goldmine in there im sure :)

'There are some things some staff won't be able to answer without research - like e.g.;
Which food stand has smallest queue, has stock or run out of whichever-flavour of pies/hotdogs/sodas etc (as they are their own entity, stewards won't necessarily be able to keep abreast of all that).'

I must have been concentrating on the above paragraph too :lolol:

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
NMH, what's the deal with DSLR camera's? Am I right in thinking I can bring it in under the proviso I don't use it during play? I'm keen to get some shots and don't want to use my rather feeble compact.

Well - it is a bit of a greenhouse up in the very top seats! It's understandable to wonder about that - but my thought was that it's swings and roundabouts - it'll be fairly comfortable up in the gods when the winter comes and people down lower are feeling the chill in the air.
A young fan asked me about a request for the announcer/DJ - which I'll try and find out about since it's a reasonable question imho.
The tops for coffee cups? Hmm, yes well that one had me guessing too, but a minute later someone came along with 3 cups all snugly topped with nice plastic covers, so :shrug:

Prog sellers might do well to be at a regular spot (I imagine they'll find their favourite 'pitch' to sell from), but they're normally not too hard to find.
Food stall queues are going to be changeable - no way of telling, it's up to the whims of the masses as to how many turn up at any one point at which outlet, and what they buy up.
The steak and ale pies and chicken & ham pies are rated, and I can attest to the fact that the C&H one is well stuffed with meat, quite nice indeed :p

No big deal - there will be questions and there will be answers!

NMH, what's the deal with DSLR camera's? Am I right in thinking I can bring it in under the proviso I don't use it during play? I'm keen to get some shots and don't want to use my rather feeble compact.

I'll try to find out for you :)
With digital cameras and phone cams getting so small and good-quality, I'm not altogether sure of the ramifications if's and but's yet, as to what is allowed and what isn't.

Were you looking after the mentally impaired?

I didn't see Safeway in my section, no.

To be fair, there will be all sorts of questions from people of all ages - and people will ask all sorts of questions especially when they feel out of their element, overawed, or slightly disorientated. Probably a little like dwayne when he was sweeping Kylie's chimney :wink: (one for the long-time NSC'ers :>)

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I'll try to find out for you :)
With digital cameras and phone cams getting so small and good-quality, I'm not altogether sure of the ramifications if's and but's yet, as to what is allowed and what isn't.

Well, I was allowed in with my big DSLR, so I presumed from that that it was ok.

Thanks [MENTION=192]NMH[/MENTION]. If you were one of the guys i spoke to, you were really spot on and considerate.

Cheers - but I'd be just as pleased to hear that about any of our stewards.
MANY of the crew are fellow fans of The Albion, and are pleased to work for the club.
That still means a lot of health and safety and security education, and a concern for customer satisfaction. I know some people might see that as 'corny' but it means a lot to us to embrace the responsibility for BHA and all attendees.

We LOVE it when we get accolades for our fans' good reputation, and thereby a good name for the club. It keeps us all proud to be Seagulls.

Oh! and incidentally - not everyone working in proximity to the club started out as Albion fans, but many BECOME fans afterwards.
Even the bloke working on the parking area gate hut exclaimed to me, when I came by about a week ago "I wasn't a Brighton fan before I came here, but I am now - I'm so impressed with the people who work for this club, and the players are top lads too - they're friendly as they come in, and the new lads [CMS and I think he said someone from Chelsea?] you've got really impresses me with the attitude too" (and he went on to say how down-to-earth and you'd expect some snobbery sometimes but .....etc).
He's soon off on another contract he told me, and he's not from our area at all. He said he'll be following our results and progress - so you can imagine that's a person who will be spreading some word about The Albion farther and wider than his one contract here!

All the time we have people saying this kind of thing about the club and our fans, we are gathering a snowballing growth in support. I can tell you it runs right from the bottom to the top, because every time I've chatted with Tony Bloom's associates they've been effusive about what a great yet unassuming fellow he is.

With all this feelgood at the club and swimming through the veins of support, I'm totally enthused about the match coming up on Saturday against our likeable opponents Doncaster Rovers, with whom we have experienced some excellent rapport in the past.
I mean I hope not all our 'ceremonials' are done with before the season starts, as I'm about ready to give them a standing ovation in appreciation of our history too.
Win or lose, it's got the ingredients for a brilliant start to our Stadium - a place we'll likely be calling home for many decades.

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
cheers - but i'd be just as pleased to hear that about any of our stewards.
Many of the crew are fellow fans of the albion, and are pleased to work for the club.
That still means a lot of health and safety and security education, and a concern for customer satisfaction. I know some people might see that as 'corny' but it means a lot to us to embrace the responsibility for bha and all attendees.

We love it when we get accolades for our fans' good reputation, and thereby a good name for the club. It keeps us all proud to be seagulls.
do you wear a tie ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here