Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Battle For Falmer Begins. For Those Perhaps Too Young to Remember.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Brings back memories.
See Bournemouth's comments now too.
Viewing a thread - one reason why we don't like brighton !
This sort of thing was normal at all our matches during this era.
This wasn't aimed at Bournemouth fans, but the Evil 3, but what an opportunity to bring this to the attention of the public - a rare televised Albion match.
And where did it get us? The Amex.
RESULT!

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Interesting viewing especially as I was the one holding up the "Bellotti Out" sign which is about 4mins 10secs into the video. Another interesting point is we have all the TV footage of the 'troubles' from when the announcement of the sale of The Goldstone right through all the protests and culminating with the Hereford game at my parents house spanning over 2 VHS tapes.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Listen to the sanctamonious crap spouted by the commentator on the clip.

"this is not the way to protest" oh yes it was....

tomysupercup

North Stand Kollective
Sep 17, 2004
NORTH STAND
"Bournemouth idiots - it was direct action like that that got us where we are now. This club would be dead if it wasn't for protests like that. Well done all involved"

This

Last edited:

tomysupercup

North Stand Kollective
Sep 17, 2004
NORTH STAND

AND THIS.

Takes me back, but what a day.

Those that helped raise our profile, raise your heads in pride.

Build a bonfire.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Never forgive, or forget.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Albion Rob

Remember watching it on TV and swelling up with pride but didn't remember the moronic commentary. What absolute tosh. "You're not helping your club. Feel free to sit outside the ground and protest." Oh thanks, we'll sit quietly while they kill our club, shall we?

It's our bloody game and I'm immensly proud to be part of a set of fans who laid down the blueprint for saving your club when you're getting screwed from all sides by criminals.

We did it and we showed others the way. Direct and indirect action. Imagination and brute force.

1995-1997 - NEVER FORGET.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven

That fucktard of a commentator, how wrong was he?

That was the way to protest!

Build a bonfire.....

Does anyone know the lad in the green top being chased by the baton wielding policeman at the beginning of the invasion. That copper appears to be enjoying the chase far too much.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Quite an intresting watch. Can someone please tell me why the Albion fans were singing " the Bournemouth run away " in the Hark now hear song. Was there something between the two clubs back then?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I wish I'd shared your optimism back then. I went to the game and it was around then that I thought that this was the beginning of the end for the Albion. It nearly broke my heart to see the Albion sunk so low.

.....14 years on, we're top of league one, money bags Albion fan for a chairman, brand new stadium, the sexiest football outside the Premiership and I'm getting ready to go back to Bournemouth for the first time since then with my 11 year old son who adores the Albion in a way only a fellow Brighton fan would know.

Really glad the rest of you stuck with it. Thanks so much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here