Votes: 12 10.7%
  • No

Votes: 63 56.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
How many farmers do you know, general or otherwise? Your argument is just made up of spurious assumptions.

I am pretty much assured that Farmers do not and will not give a toss about killing something that is not useful for him and his income.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Why by listening to one Anti cull video i have listened to hundreds for and against.

I also know one of the people in that video

Where is your evidence for it as it is very much lacking so far ?

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
How many farmers do you know, general or otherwise? Your argument is just made up of spurious assumptions.

Why do you think farmers know better about the spread of disease than scientists who have spent decades studying it?

Your argument is made up of people who are terrified of losing their livelihood clinging desperately to anything they think might help them. Which is totally understandable, but it doesn't make it right.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Why do you always think you are right? Whats to say that YOU are the one who is ill informed?

I have my opinions and am very strong on them. So far I have heard NOTHING from the pro's to support this.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Where is your evidence for it as it is very much lacking so far ?

urs is booming with one video, i wonder if david attenborough was not in it if you would have posted it, the fact is david attenborough is always going to be on one side and that side is non slaughter.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
urs is booming with one video, i wonder if david attenborough was not in it if you would have posted it, the fact is david attenborough is always going to be on one side and that side is non slaughter.

Where is your evidence then ? COME ON convince me as so far it is only words.

Why do you think farmers know better about the spread of disease than scientists who have spent decades studying it?

Your argument is made up of people who are terrified of losing their livelihood clinging desperately to anything they think might help them. Which is totally understandable, but it doesn't make it right.

It's not just a question of their livelihood. It's a question of whether you want to continue having fresh milk available, of whether or you would be happy drinking only imported UHT milk.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
the fact is david attenborough is always going to be on one side and that side is non slaughter.

Yes, he is after all famously anti-cow, so is quite happy for them to keep dying.

Or maybe he has studied enough to know the cull won't protect them?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It's not just a question of their livelihood. It's a question of whether you want to continue having fresh milk available, of whether or you would be happy drinking only imported UHT milk.

You have posted that numerous times now but given nothing to back it up.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I'm sorry Uncle I clicked the wrong button. I think culling Badgers is the cheap unscientific option.

This is a paragraph from this Blog in the Grauniad.
So, to the question of whether badgers are responsible for increasing infection rates in cattle. If they are, how have cattle remained free of bTB in Scotland, where no badgers have been killed? Why do they have it in the Isle of Man, where there are no badgers? And why are bTB rates twice as high in Ireland, where so many badgers have been killed that they are extinct in many areas?

Badgers culls don't stop tuberculosis in cattle – the evidence is clear | Julia Kaminski | Environment | guardian.co.uk

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yes, he is after all famously anti-cow, so is quite happy for them to keep dying.

Or maybe he has studied enough to know the cull won't protect them?

This. I would think Attenborough knows a bit about this.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Stop repeating this parrot fashion and look at some of the evidence. Yes I used to know a dairy farmer when my uncle worked on a farm, so I do know something.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Anyway, rather than throwing words back and forth, here is the verdict of the man who completed a TEN YEAR study of the effect of badger culls on bovine TB. LINK

Short answer for those who don't want to read 289 pages of solid study and evidence:

the Independent Scientific Group on Cattle TB said:
While badgers are clearly a source of cattle TB, careful evaluation of our own and others’ data indicates that badger culling can make no meaningful contribution to cattle TB control in Britain

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004

That really isn't the question! The chance of fresh milk production disappearing completely in this country is zero. There is a demand for fresh milk, therefore there will always be someone willing to make money by supplying it. Yes, if there was an outbreak then some farmers would go out of business. Yes, the price of milk would rise (not necessarily a bad thing). But the prospect of every single milk producing farm in the UK disappearing is ridiculous.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
so you have walked around their field boundaries witrh them, have you, looking for badger runs and noting where they can and cannot graze their cows? I guess not.

What on earth does that provide to back the slaughter up ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here