• Fence

Votes: 12 10.7%
  • No

Votes: 63 56.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

abc

Jan 6, 2007
The way I see it is the Farmer's don't give a Rat's Arse for any creature within their Farm that does not actually earn them any money and would slaughter anything that moves without a care or a regret as they are ruthless bastards and it is all about the £ in their bank account at the end of the month.

This is simply offensive and says far more about your bigotted ill informed views than it does about the issue of a badger cull.

What evidence do you have to back any of this statement up? How about we find you a farmer and you say it to his face?

The TB situation is a terrible blight on both Farmers and Badgers. Thousands of badgers have TB and die a horendously slow painful deseased death. The Samaritans have set up special networks to help Farmers and their families that are hit by TB. The emotional, long term stress is so great that suicide is becoming all too common. Therefore neither badgers or farmers are winning.

Eradicating TB will benefit both badgers, farmers and of course tax payers.

Whether culling will achieve this I honestly dont know and I am pretty sure you dont either. A reasoned debate is called for but I pressed Yes on your poll having read the continous bile that you have written throughout this thread. If you say a cull is wrong, I suspect its probably right

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
There was thread a couple of weeks ago that definitely worked out that the best, most effective, most efficient and most humane way to kill a fox was to chasing it about all day with a load of posh twats on horse back and big pack of dogs.

Makes me wonder why they are not using this technique to cull the Badgers.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This is simply offensive and says far more about your bigotted ill informed views than it does about the issue of a badger cull.

What evidence do you have to back any of this statement up? How about we find you a farmer and you say it to his face?

The TB situation is a terrible blight on both Farmers and Badgers. Thousands of badgers have TB and die a horendously slow painful deseased death. The Samaritans have set up special networks to help Farmers and their families that are hit by TB. The emotional, long term stress is so great that suicide is becoming all too common. Therefore neither badgers or farmers are winning.

Eradicating TB will benefit both badgers, farmers and of course tax payers.

Whether culling will achieve this I honestly dont know and I am pretty sure you dont either. A reasoned debate is called for but I pressed Yes on your poll having read the continous bile that you have written throughout this thread. If you say a cull is wrong, I suspect its probably right

I apologised for any offense to the person in question but my views are strong and if you posted yes to the cull that is up to you. You have only seen it from one side of the argument alas. 1% of Badgers have TB so at around 3000 to the 100000 being slaughtered I would say is overall not a way to solve the problem.

Professions are routinely criticised on here from estate agents to recuitment consultants and they are not complicit in a hair brained scheme to kill off 100000 protected species animals so I am hardly likely to be very much on the side of the farmer on this one. If you changed your vote because of my views and hatred of the cull and farmers solution to this that makes you a pretty weak person. This is just the start. This is going to get very very messy and I think you will find in time that my views are at the " very tame " end of the spectrum.

Last edited:

abc

Jan 6, 2007
I apologised for any offense to the person in question but my views are strong and if you posted yes to the cull that is up to you. You have only seen it from one side of the argument alas. 1% of Badgers have TB so at around 3000 to the 100000 being slaughtered I would say is overall not a way to solve the problem. If you changed your vote because of my views and hatred of the cull and farmers solution to this that makes you a pretty weak person. This is just the start. This is going to get very very messy and I think you will find in time that my views are at the " very tame " end of the spectrum.

We all have strong views on lots of things but it doesnt give us the right to be offensive and make sweeping remarks that we can neither back up or are blatently just bilious.

Finding people like you offensive does not make me weak. i just find bigots like you unpleasant whatever their views and my instinct is to mistrust the views of such people, especially when they insult others from behind a key board.

As i said, I dont know enough to say whether the cull is the right or wrong solution but there is no doubt erradicating TB would be a good thing for everyone including or especially the badgers. It also seems that as many farmers are anti the cull as pro. However those that are anti would not verbally abuse those farmers and their families who are seeing their livelihoods destroyed and are being pushed into suicide and despair. Nor would anyone else who has a shred of compassion or humanity about them. Obviously not a trait familiar to yourself.

People shoot, trap and poison rats day in and day out. Why havent you expressed your disgust of this and why isnt it going to get 'messy' in defence of rats? or is it only the 'pretty animals' from Wind in the Willows that deserve your support?

abc

Jan 6, 2007
There is a vaccination for TB which can be given to the badgers but it seems our goverment would rather shoot them

Is that really true? If so seems an obvious pain free solution. Assuming this government (and the last gov) dont really have a wish to shoot badgers unless necessary, why dont they just do this? Does it actually work?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Wooo
The horse is a noble beast
From the mustangs of the west
To the stallions of the east
But the horse has a distant cousin
It lives I-do-not-know-where
But its message of racial harmony is one that we all can share

Hats off to the zebras
They are black and white
But they don't fight
'Cos they're not very good at it

In a world of confusion
We all need a sign
If only we could live side by side
Like the stripes down a zebras spine

Hats of to the zebras, yeah

The humble badger
Takes a sip of morning dew
He's totally colourblind
So he can't judge you

But the badger is a dreamer
The badger has a plan
He knows that his destiny
Is to help his fellow man

Hats off to the badger
He is black and white
But he doesn't fight
Except for mating rights and territory

Black man and a white man
Both they need to shave
United by the badger brush
He's helping from beyond the grave

Hats off to the badger
What about the tapeer
Half zebra half pig
Imagine the stig-ma
But the tapeer stands proud
Hats off to the tapeer

Badgers and zebras
Skunks, oh yeah
Little ring-tailed leemurs
Living together in harmony

And if the killer whales can do it, why can't we?
Tell me why can't we?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Radio Five; accusation that Badger activists/supporters were Animal Right supporters. My assertion is you do not have to be in favour of animal rights to think the cull is wrong. I think the science is iffy.

Is that really true? If so seems an obvious pain free solution. Assuming this government (and the last gov) dont really have a wish to shoot badgers unless necessary, why dont they just do this? Does it actually work?

This article gives a fairly balanced view on the options that are available.
http://www.defra.gov.uk/news/2011/12/14/update-on-measures-to-tackle-bovine-tb/
In essence, there is a vaccine, but it has not yet been developed to the stage where it is practical to use it on a widescale basis. They are investing money to reach that stage, but it is still potentially several years off.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We all have strong views on lots of things but it doesnt give us the right to be offensive and make sweeping remarks that we can neither back up or are blatently just bilious.

Finding people like you offensive does not make me weak. i just find bigots like you unpleasant whatever their views and my instinct is to mistrust the views of such people, especially when they insult others from behind a key board.

As i said, I dont know enough to say whether the cull is the right or wrong solution but there is no doubt erradicating TB would be a good thing for everyone including or especially the badgers. It also seems that as many farmers are anti the cull as pro. However those that are anti would not verbally abuse those farmers and their families who are seeing their livelihoods destroyed and are being pushed into suicide and despair. Nor would anyone else who has a shred of compassion or humanity about them. Obviously not a trait familiar to yourself.

People shoot, trap and poison rats day in and day out. Why havent you expressed your disgust of this and why isnt it going to get 'messy' in defence of rats? or is it only the 'pretty animals' from Wind in the Willows that deserve your support?

Oh get off your high horse ffs. I have tried to engage with you. Yes it is tragic if anyone has their livelihood destroyed and pushed into thinking of suicide , hey, I know about this believe me buddy but there is no rallying groupie like you for me and my profession as we are " collateral damage " of the financial World. So you know f*** all about me or my circumstances fella.

I did not personally slag off any farmer, I did not even know nsc had so many farmers registered with it, I think all farmers are not the saints you make them out to be, it is a board of free speech, if I want to say that, I will. You were the one who threw in the " emotional card ". Yes loads of people are struggling for all manner of reasons at the moment. Don't f***ing side track the argument with the " I am more compassionate than you " bollocks. You know nothing of my compassion for my fellow humans and animals.

I am not going to befriend farmers over this issue and have been very reserved. As this thing progresses I think it is probably best I do not post anymore on here as this is the tip of the iceberg.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Oh get off your high horse ffs. I have tried to engage with you. Yes it is tragic if anyone has their livelihood destroyed and pushed into thinking of suicide , hey, I know about this believe me buddy but there is no rallying groupie like you for me and my profession as we are " collateral damage " of the financial World. So you know f*** all about me or my circumstances fella.

I did not personally slag off any farmer, I did not even know nsc had so many farmers registered with it, I think all farmers are not the saints you make them out to be, it is a board of free speech, if I want to say that, I will. You were the one who threw in the " emotional card ". Yes loads of people are struggling for all manner of reasons at the moment. Don't f***ing side track the argument with the " I am more compassionate than you " bollocks. You know nothing of my compassion for my fellow humans and animals.

I am not going to befriend farmers over this issue and have been very reserved. As this thing progresses I think it is probably best I do not post anymore on here as this is the tip of the iceberg.

what utter horseshit. you were incredibly rude about a profession for which you probably have absolutely no knowledge whatever. then you apologised. now this. it's no suprise that you get a bad press is it?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
what utter horseshit. you were incredibly rude about a profession for which you probably have absolutely no knowledge whatever. then you apologised. now this. it's no suprise that you get a bad press is it?

NSC is a forum to express your views. I am not a big fan of the farming community at the moment and expressed that feeling, not to any individual. I do not need to know how to plough a field to think killing 100000 badgers of which around 1000 may be infected is the way to go. If people are no longer allowed to express their feelings and far worse things are said on here hundreds of times everyday ( are all estate agents the scum of the earth ). just one example. Ok, that's fine as it is not a noble profession as they are suits ( and I am not an estate agent ) we may as well close the board down now. Ridiculous.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
NSC is a forum to express your views. I am not a big fan of the farming community at the moment and expressed that feeling, not to any individual. I do not need to know how to plough a field to think killing 100000 badgers of which around 1000 may be infected is the way to go. If people are no longer allowed to express their feelings and far worse things are said on here hundreds of times everyday ( are all estate agents the scum of the earth ). just one example. Ok, that's fine as it is not a noble profession as they are suits ( and I am not an estate agent ) we may as well close the board down now. Ridiculous.

more rubbish.

in what way are you "not a fan of the farming community"? on what basis?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

And away from the ongoing tantrums !

There is a vaccine for badgers but it's incredibly difficult to administer - you have to be licensed to catch a badger and then be trained to a certain level to administer the injection. They are working on an oral solution that could be laid down for them to eat but that's not ready yet.

There IS a vaccine for cows which by their very nature are somewhat easier to catch and inject ! Unfortunately some farmers, the NFU and DEFRA would rather buy the bullets and blow the badgers brains out ( assuming the shot is a clean one ).

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
more rubbish.

in what way are you "not a fan of the farming community"? on what basis?

Because of the upcoming killing of 100000 protected species. Keep up. Anyway I don't have to justify my views and certainly not to you. I suspect it is more a case of not what was said but who said it. I am now OUT for a while. Have a great day.

tricky

Jul 7, 2003
Reigate
Vaccination is not the winning ticket, but it might be in the future. Cattle vaccination is not going to be 100% effective and at present it will stop our ability to detect infected cows.
It is nothing to do with cost as the government is spending millions on research and vaccine development.
I don't personaly work on TB research, but i've heard enough talks and read enough papers by the experts on both sides to say that the cull is an option that should be explored.
abc's comment about rats does sum up the problem with badgers - it is amazing how people 'value' and feel aligned with certain animals and have a blind spot about others.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Because of the upcoming killing of 100000 protected species. Keep up. Anyway I don't have to justify my views and certainly not to you. I suspect it is more a case of not what was said but who said it. I am now OUT for a while. Have a great day.

in which case, you seem to be confusing the lawmakers with the NFU. It doesn't matter what the farmers want, the government decides the law. so why your gripe with farmers?

shouldn't it be with the government? having contributed dozens and dozens of posts on this thread i'd have thought that you might have worked that one out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here