Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Atmosphere

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Crowd were superb, shivers down my spine listening on the radio, shame about the players.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It sounded just like being at the Donny game again.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
North Stand was rocking and for about 20 mins in the second half seemed like the ground was going to lift off. CMS will be gutted he didn't grab us a deserved point. Incredible.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The whole stadium was brilliant today, not just the north, everyone, some great videos of everyone singing the great escape for 15+mins then to brake out into seagulls seagulls seagulls.

I've never seen the '12th/10th man' have such an effect like it did today, you could see the players put in everything. If anyone says the AMEX doesn't have an atmosphere then they are either deaf or lieing.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
I was in west upper and the atmosphere was incredible. Despite the result it was the most fun I've had at a game in ages. Burnley were absolute toilet, and we genuinely deserved a draw. Great performance.

larus

My first game at the Amex (was a season ticket holder at Withdean for about 5 seasons though). After 10 minutes I thought, what the f*** am I doing here :). However, I had a great day (result excluded). The atmosphere was great and the to only lose 1-0 after playing for 80 minutes with 9 men was astounding. I was in the West Stand, great view and thought the stadium was as good as I'd expected.

I hope the players take some positives from this performance, because it was really, really good IMO,

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It reminded me hugely of the Leeds / Andy D'Urso game at Withdean. Only x 10

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Brilliant, absolutely brilliant atmosphere. It really lifted the players in the second half and I thought we deserved a draw at the very least.

Well done Albion, you deserved better officials today, they were pants..:clap2:

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
We was outstanding both fans and players, i thought burnley and the ref were awful, we really could have won that game even with 9 men, is no doubt in my mind that with 11 players this would have been a easy victory for us.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
Didn't go today , passed my ticket to my lad and he's not home yet, but I listened to game at work. I would just like to say to the crowd today that you were brilliant - it was electric.

If CMS had stuck that away in the last seconds the place would have gone mental. Can't think of another time when I have felt so uplifted by a 0-1 home defeat.

More of the same from crowd + players against Saints when I will be there.
Another plus point was that maybe Gus will tell players to play in CMS over the top more often as it sounds like circumstances meant we had to play that way today and it cause Burnley major problems.

bassking

Mar 18, 2011
The Dollar Store
just got back from stadium and it feels like we just won the game,absolutely brilliant with 9 men and cant believe tarricco nearly netted one aswell,players were outstanding and all four stands singing what an afternoon.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Crowd were superb, shivers down my spine listening on the radio, shame about the players.

The crowd were immense, the players were giants, shame about this shit keyboard "supporter"

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Well, what a game - officials were worse than crap and should be sacked off - the Albion were awesome, the fans were awesome and I am one of those dreadful leave at 87 mins and run for the train types - however today I couldn't leave early - I felt compelled to stay and clap the boys off and give the referee as much abuse as I could possibly muster - I got the second train and was still home in shoreham by 6 - so in future ill be staying til the end!!!!

Bloody amazing performance by the Albion - should be proud of themselves - I still don't actually know why vincelot got a straight red???? And I don't think our goal was off side - reckon we were robbed - after the second sending off I just felt utter despair - but the fans were simply amazing - its a shame it takes a dickhead referee to bring out that sort of support.

Well done everyone today - I came away from that game elated and we'd lost x. I think in many ways today we won though!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here