Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The atmosphere tonight was superb. Best in years

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Family stand was absolutely rocking. Tell you what, if we keep playing like that, and cheering like that we'll have no trouble filling Falmer.

Cracking game. Loved every minute.
:clap2:

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
sounded impressive on the radio:clap2:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Fans have been saying for years now that it is impossible to get an atmosphere going at Withdean. Well tonight proved to me that if the team play the football the fans will respond. Great atmosphere tonight.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
There's something about night games at Withdean and better atmosphere.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Weve become so used to shit football and nervy matches where we go behind after 5 minutes that theres been an atmosphere of nerves and despair before the games even kicked off.

Gus's revolution has changed all that. Withdeans been great the last two games. Writing that last sentence actually hurt, but its true.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
it was excellent tonight,my mate went to his first game in ages and said he'll happily pay £23 again! Southampton fans were pretty shit really.

J block was near enough silent, the Southampton fans put us to shame at times. Pretty much non stop singing (although a lot of it the usual homophobic bile) and when they had corners/were on the attack, deafening at times.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Horrific 'banter' in the first half between J Block and the Southampton fans. Boring, homophobic bullshit from their lot, only to be responded with 'If you all love Harry Redknapp, clap your hands' :lolol: What?!

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Horrific 'banter' in the first half between J Block and the Southampton fans. Boring, homophobic bullshit from their lot, only to be responded with 'If you all love Harry Redknapp, clap your hands' :lolol: What?!

I found this really weird as well as all the saints fan's I know love Harry for f***ing Portsmouth over big time

sotonseagull

Feb 8, 2008
southampton
well I nearly didn't go tonite but changed my mind last minute and SO glad I did. The first half I sat in J block and didn't think it was too bad, good atmosphere. Second half I managed to sit in H block with my brother and dad...and it was the first game - probably since Man City that I wasn't clock watching and think when is this going to end! I was thoroughly entertained and really didn't want the match to end, just brilliant!

Well worth my £23 ticket! Good things are happening...very good things!

Only things that took the shine of it was the late saints equaliser and was surprised the attendance wasn't above 8,000.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Atmosphere wasn't bad at times, but it's all relative. Still a million light years away from what you sometimes get at places like Stoke and nottarF kraP.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
It was a good atmosphere before Hammond (****!!) claimed a goal which wasnt his but that just stoked it up. The quiet massive that is D block just came to life and stayed that way. We even had to stand for a lot of the second half....stand.....normally, if I move on my seat I get asked to sit still. Shame we could not have held on in the end but if you do come up against a physical dirty unit like Southampton with an absolutely joke referee, a draw is a good result.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here