Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Ashes.....should I? Would you?

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
I am flying to Perth very soon to stay with my family out there for Xmas.

I've only just realised though, that while I am out there, England will be playing the 3rd test only 20 minutes or so from where I am staying.

I can't say I'm a fan of cricket but it does seem like a once in a lifetime chance to see us in action in the sunny (make that bloody hot!) Oz summer and pretty much on my doorstep.

Tickets are available on Ebay but they aren't cheap, but my question to you peeps is should I splash out and go or not? I would add that I've already shelled out nearly £2k on my flight ticket just to get there!

So far in the opinions stakes, it's 1-0 for not going which is courtesy of my bf who said something like "cricket is a shitey boring game and they would have to pay me to go!" But I'm going out there on my own anyway so he wouldn't have to sacrifice his standards haha!

So what do you guys reckon?

And one more question to the cricket fans on here, I can't get to days 1 or 2 anyway, but is there a best day to go?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Wouldnt bother

Why would you want to sit in the hot sunshine, with a cold beer and loads of ENGLISH fans all having a good sing song!

Oh wait, GO:jester:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Be careful with tickets on eBay. The ACB supposedly cancelled some tickets.

If you have family in Oz, they should be able to sort something locally.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
definenelty go

Techno

Oct 23, 2006
West Midlands
Do It Do It DO IT!!!

I'm so very lucky enough to be going out to Australia over christmas and new year, got tickets for all days of the fourth and fifth tests in Melbourne and Sydney, and im excited beyond belief!!

These kinda things are really once in a lifetime, so if you can...GO!!

But also yeah to repeat what Wozza said be careful of Ebay or touting tickets, the aussie authorities are trying to stop any tickets from being sold on.

adammicheal

Jan 3, 2006
Go and send him a postcard telling him how good it is in the sun whilst he is sitting in the cold watching the ALBION

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
The Complete Badger said:
You what? £25 a ticket!!

I paid £35 to watch England v Pakistan at Headingley this summer, and £30 to watch us play Sri Lanka at Lord's. Bearing in mind we are talking about an ASHES match here, I would pay HUNDREDS!

Yeah but I presume you like Cricket. It bores me, BUT I would go just to say I'd been there and to take in the atmosphere. Noway I would pay more than £25 for the priviledge.

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
Wozza said:
Be careful with tickets on eBay. The ACB supposedly cancelled some tickets.

If you have family in Oz, they should be able to sort something locally.

Thanks for the warning. Do you know how I could tell if they are dodgy on Ebay? Or where in Oz I can direct my cousin to to try and get my tickets for me?

Ebay tickets are £200, so it's a lot of money to lose if they turn out to be dodgy!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Go, go, go.

At least if you know nothing about cricket, it won't hurt too much when the vengeful Aussies batter our injured second string

:D ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here