Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Argus 45p from Monday I only buy it for .....

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Agreed! Back few pages is all I read most days.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Dreadful read. Life drained out of it by American owners who care nothing about quality journalism only rinsing advertisers for every penny.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
i was reading it today, and it was like they were moaning about the Council spending money on a childrens hospital, have to say it's the first time i have read that paper and probably the last

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
I used to read it when it had lots of Brighton and hove news and was more localised, now it's full of stuff about mid Sussex and other areas I couldn't care less about. The standard of journalism is awful too, regular poorly researched stories and cheap stories based on freedom of info act requests that they then try desperately to sensationalise. Shit rag full of shit news.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
I've noticed this season there is far more Albion content and quite interesting pieces
However the rest of the paper is poor and a rip off at that price (bearing in mind the number of pages has been reduced)
I just read the back page in shop now rather than buy it

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I worked for the Argus in the early 60s and the biggest selling point was...as now... the Albion,that is why you will see a ad on the first page about Albion news on the back page...end of season saw a fall in sales.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The Argus is an important part of my Albion-following history but I would rather it was put out of its misery soon and turned into a weekly magazine. Make it good, charge £2 and they could have a winner.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I'd love a penny for every time there's been a headline which has nothing to do with the photo on the front page. Sometimes they're so inappropriate it's hilarious.

Usually something like: "FATHER SON HORROR CRASH" below a photo of some children at a school jumping for joy.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I've noticed this season there is far more Albion content and quite interesting pieces

The Argus coverage of the Albion is excellent.

My son's bedroom wall is plastered with lovely big colour pictures of the players cut out of the Argus - the pictures having been accompanying articles that spread over several pages on some days.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The Albion coverage is good and worth the cover price. Shame the rest of it is so thin, but if the owners are not going to invest in content then what else can we expect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here