Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion Roar - 28 April

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
In the excellent tome 'We Want Falmer', there's a passage where Derek Chapman is paying tribute to Dick Knight. One phrase that leaps out is 'God, the man can talk...'

Fast forward to this week, and Señor El Presidente - Dick Knight - is this week's guest on The Albion Roar. We recorded the show on Wednesday night, so time wasn't a major constraint, and he took full advantage. We booked the studio for 8.30pm, he was late - naturally - and we didn't get out of there until 11.45pm.

Anyhoo, you can hear the first hour of conversation this week's Albion Roar on Saturday at midday on Radio Reverb - 97.2FM in Brighton & Hove or at http://www.radioreverb.com. I suspect most people not going to South Yorkshire will be tuning in to the commentary while the show is on, so you can listen again to that PLUS another hour's chit-chat on iTunes or at Albion Roar | Unofficial Brighton Hove Albion Football Club Radio Show

Meanwhile, OGH Pt II has now been edited, and ought to be up on iTunes later today. Hopefully.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
In no particular order - just to whet the appetite for this week's show...

• Dick's opinion on the first season at the Amex
• The (professional) pleasure he took in sacking Bellotti
• We finally get to the bottom of who bent the play-off trophy
• Outline details of an AITC-sponsored football tournament at the Amex in 2013
• How long the executives at Amex gave him to persuade them to have a tie-in with the club

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
When you say el presidente i really think of an economics GURU from the North West.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
When you say el presidente i really think of an economics GURU from the North West.

Hence Señor El Presidente; Not just any old Brian or Keith El Presidente. You know, this lass' friend...

wonderbra-hello-boys.jpg

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
They're both on I tunes now.

However, they don't appear to download automatically as they're at the bottom, so a manual job for me ( as normal ).

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Just listened.

Great stuff again. :guitar:

OGH is a true legend :bowdown::drink:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
For those who have listened to OGH pt II, he gives his views on...

Leon Knight
The Play-Off Final
Dean Wilkins (Jeez, what we had to delete...) :ohmy:
Russell Slade
Gus Poyet
Dean Cox
Charlie Oatway's nob
His reasons for never taking penalties
His immense pride at being a professional with the Albion over 13 years
Getting rat-arsed a lot

Plus more...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports