Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion LOST £140,000 a week in the last season at Withdean

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I tell you what is outstanding for me.....

Its the location of the ground! There are only a few other places you can buy a beer or food for miles, can't think of many other grounds that have so few alternatives nearby! Now if that was intentional that was smart thinking!

Jan 12, 2012
Your point being ?

That the facilities at Selhurst are awful, don't be so touchy !
If the facilities are right,people will use them and spend their hard earned. This thread is going off track big time,i want to know more about the withdean lost millions, not how many pukka pies you stuff your faces with.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I tell you what is outstanding for me.....

Its the location of the ground! There are only a few other places you can buy a beer or food for miles, can't think of many other grounds that have so few alternatives nearby! Now if that was intentional that was smart thinking!

That's true. Luck as the only viable site, but a great cash bonus for the club, with 1,000's there early to beat the worst of the congestion.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Now corrected.
In 2011/12 (post 30th June 11 accounts), it was CMS, Harley, Vincelot, LuaLua & Vicente.

£2.5m was the signed 2010/11 accounts figure, rather tham media figures at the time of transfers.

Any ideas which other players signing 01.07.10 to 30.06.11 for a fee, make up the reest of £2.5m, other than Hoskins, Noone & Buckley?

Suspect we should also add to that KLL, Vicentelot and Harley.

These figures are only up to June last year - Wages from then on are not included in these figures

Okay...so Vincelot was 100k, Harley I've heard different figures about but generally in the 250-300k range, so that must leave about 300k for LuaLua? We surely must have paid more than that? If not I'm guessing there's a lot built into future fees for him.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If the facilities are right,people will use them and spend their hard earned. This thread is going off track big time,i want to no more about the withdean lost millions, not how many pukka pies you stuff your faces with.

£29m lost over 14 years, but fully met by shareholders, i.e. no Administrations, so no loss to third parties.

Went on steady losses on player wages greater than income (the usual football story), and £m's spent on the planning fight.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
If the facilities are right,people will use them and spend their hard earned. This thread is going off track big time,i want to know more about the withdean lost millions, not how many pukka pies you stuff your faces with.

pay attention at the back - our pies are far superior piglets pantry pies. this is the main reason why we sell so many. you really don't get it yet do you

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Pukka pies? Man, please.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Okay...so Vincelot was 100k, Harley I've heard different figures about but generally in the 250-300k range, so that must leave about 300k for LuaLua? We surely must have paid more than that? If not I'm guessing there's a lot built into future fees for him.

The accounts are based strictly on players signing permanent deals in an accounts year to 30 June.

CMS, LuaLua, Vincelot, Harley joined in 2011/12, so we'll have to wait many months before we see those accounts, and grand total transfer fee spend for 2011/12.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
The accounts are based strictly on players signing permanent deals in an accounts year to 30 June.

CMS, LuaLua, Vincelot, Harley joined in 2011/12, so we'll have to wait many months before we see those accounts, and grand total transfer fee spend for 2011/12.

Ohhh, I'm with you now. I can't get my head round the dates of the figures being released versus when we signed players versus the period the figures are for. Lucky I'm not an accountant. Can only think of Bergkamp who can't have been much, plus some loans between June 10 and June 11. Wood/LuaLua came on loan in that time, perhaps we paid loan fees and it's included there? It's very clear you understand it way better than me anyhow, but it's fun to speculate.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Unless you're Tony Bloom himself or his accountant, you're picking numbers out of the sky (there is no record of TB's total wealth).

There was a thread on this a while back. I draw your attention to my post (47). There is a bit about his selling of Premier Bet but i dont fully understand the document so any account out there might be able to help

bouncing old thread now.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Am I the only one who finds your interest in our affairs to be so completely bizarre? Quite why you find the minutiae of our clubs financial dealings so fascinating I will never understand. Why don't you come out of the closet and admit you wish you were one of us? Either that or you have, unfortunately, some kind of strange, perverse need for us.

Jan 12, 2012
Am I the only one who finds your interest in our affairs to be so completely bizarre? Quite why you find the minutiae of our clubs financial dealings so fascinating I will never understand. Why don't you come out of the closet and admit you wish you were one of us? Either that or you have, unfortunately, some kind of strange, perverse need for us.

What i need to find out is the profit margin on the pie sales,once that is established, i'll sleep better tonight.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Who ate all the pies? I guess we did :)

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
i make it that to break even at Withdean the cost per person per game would have been about £45 spend which shows how important the clubs other operational activities are in order to keep ticket prices down.

I reckon our turnover will be £45M this next year about 6 times higher breaking even and that we need the extra turnover of the additional 8k seats to help fund a push for promotion. In order to go fund it we need a £62M turnover plus some help from our chairman to buy 2-3 players

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Ohhh, I'm with you now. I can't get my head round the dates of the figures being released versus when we signed players versus the period the figures are for. Lucky I'm not an accountant. Can only think of Bergkamp who can't have been much, plus some loans between June 10 and June 11. Wood/LuaLua came on loan in that time, perhaps we paid loan fees and it's included there? It's very clear you understand it way better than me anyhow, but it's fun to speculate.

Wouldn't it also include anyone we signed in SUmmer '10? Greer, Barnes... Did we pay a fee for Painter and Sandaza?

D

Deleted member 22389

At least we don't have a bank loan. Could you imagine the interest we would be paying on 120 million? It's scary :eek:

You can understand why we never stood a chance in the Championship when we where at The Withdean. Tony came in just as the right time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here