Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion LOST £140,000 a week in the last season at Withdean

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
We were renting Withdean as well, so that price has come off of it as well, and we were paying quite alot if im not mistaken

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The costs for the Amex will be a lot more than at Withdean per head - its just you now have a lot more heads each week. Get 6300 at the Withdean and we lost £140k per week, get 6300 at The Amex and we would lose 3 times that amount. I reckon we need 14-16k per game to start to break even as the infrastructure is so much more.

That's just ticket sales you're on about. I recall Martin Perry saying - yonks ago - that they werw budgeting for 12,500 averages.

What any figures from next year accounts will show is that the food and drink spend at the club is FIVE TIMES the national average - and about four or five times what the club had budgeted for.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Im sure everything will be ok :mad:

Well it will actually, if you look at everything from a very basic point of view. BHA have one of the smallest wage bills in the champsionship, and get some of the best gates. Therefore we are better off than most. The only thing is the 98Mill owed to Bloom for paying for the stadium which is an interest free loan which we can pay for. Palace don't have to pay for their stadium, but you have higher wages (correct me if Im wrong) and lower gates. So which model is more sustainable?

When the Amex was built, it was built on the estimation the the gates would be 14-15k with around 9K season tickets and 1k corperate. So as those figures were in actual fact much much higher, the club started spending in the close season last year as they had more cash than initially expected. However, Bloom is shrewd and after years of losing money I don't think we will ever over spend.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
That's just ticket sales you're on about. I recall Martin Perry saying - yonks ago - that they werw budgeting for 12,500 averages.

What any figures from next year accounts will show is that the food and drink spend at the club is FIVE TIMES the national average - and about four or five times what the club had budgeted for.

This

Thats the point I was trying to make, except you made it better.

Jan 12, 2012
Well it will actually, if you look at everything from a very basic point of view. BHA have one of the smallest wage bills in the champsionship, and get some of the best gates. Therefore we are better off than most. The only thing is the 98Mill owed to Bloom for paying for the stadium which is an interest free loan which we can pay for. Palace don't have to pay for their stadium, but you have higher wages (correct me if Im wrong) and lower gates. So which model is more sustainable?

When the Amex was built, it was built on the estimation the the gates would be 14-15k with around 9K season tickets and 1k corperate. So as those figures were in actual fact much much higher, the club started spending in the close season last year as they had more cash than initially expected. However, Bloom is shrewd and after years of losing money I don't think we will ever over spend.

What about the stadium expansion and training/ academy set up ?Wheres that money coming from, pie sales ?
Your only sustainable because of Bloom,end of.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Biggest difference with our model, and say a club like Coventry who have been taken over by a random financial company, is that it's not extractive. That is to say, TB and the board and NOT trying to leverage revenues and profits etc in order to trouser as much as they can. It's the opposite, with TB's mega-loan handed across without any interest payment strings attached, for example.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
What about the stadium expansion and training/ academy set up ?Wheres that money coming from, pie sales ?

TV money, season ticket sales, player sales and match day revenue. Even without TB... we still piss all over your balance sheet.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Since the holding company was set up in 1993 the Albion have lost a grand total of £29.1 million.
How much of the total loss could have been avoided if LDC hadn't tried to suffocate the club with their interventions ? Their gambit was to ensure the public enquiry went on for as long as possible in the hope the club would run out of money and go bust.

Jan 12, 2012
Biggest difference with our model, and say a club like Coventry who have been taken over by a random financial company, is that it's not extractive. That is to say, TB and the board and NOT trying to leverage revenues and profits etc in order to trouser as much as they can. It's the opposite, with TB's mega-loan handed across without any interest payment strings attached, for example.

So all the money handed over is for the love of BHAFC ?
It brings a tear to the eye, god bless ya Tony !!

Yep. But Bloom is investing in a future that he wants to see. There is no sign whatsoever that he is putting money up front in order to sell the whole shebang and walk away with a big profit in his trouser pocket.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Tony Bloom is dipping his hand into his own pocket. As CPFC2010 are reputedly 4 multi-billionaires where will the money come from for your new 40,000 capacity stadium ?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Something for Palace fans to ponder is that if they ever get to the stage when their owners start building the new ground they will be in a very similar position to us for several years i.e. paying for two grounds while only getting income from one. Inevitably this has an impact on the cashflow, especially if you already have declining gates.

That's the drawback to building afresh rather than gradually upgrading an existing stadium, although in Palace's case the existing ground is beyond resuscitation unless they suddenly have a mysterious fire / insurance job, but then that would be more than a tad suspicious in Croydon.

Of course it also depends on how the funding for new stadium is structured, hopefully from a seperate pot to that for the playing staff. Wolves seem to have sacrificed their Premiership status because the owners got distracted by splashing their budget on a rebuild of the stadium (that was already pretty good). Seems a naive business model, only sweetened by the parachute payments. Arsenal managed to move from Highbury to The Emirates at huge financial expense but also at the cost of their transfer budget, but at least they maintained their Premiership status and now have a sound financial model because they have been very prudent (and their fans have had to be patient). They are probably the exception, hopefully The Albion will be in a similar position at some point.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So all the money handed over is for the love of BHAFC ?
It brings a tear to the eye, god bless ya Tony !!

Tony is of the four by twoish persuasion , he will see a generous return on his investment in the long term , mark my words.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007

So each fan is spending five times as much on food and drink than the average fan? Are we eating and drinking that much more or paying that much more?

D

Deleted member 2719

Tony Bloom is not full of chairman blag, keeps his head down and keeps his eye firmly on the ball with the right team around him.

The man is a winner and is of God status.

:bowdown:

Ps when's his autobiography coming out!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here