Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 114 37.4%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 171 56.1%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 19 6.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Further to the above - Trump now asking Biden to “blow Iran to smithereens”

Donald Trump has called on Joe Biden to issue a stern warning to Iran over reported threats against his life.

"If I were the president, I would inform the threatening country, in this case Iran, that if you do anything to harm this person, we are going to blow your largest cities and the country itself to smithereens,"

Surely this is proof enough that Trump’s belligerent rhetoric is a significant threat to worsening global instability? - while Israel led by Trump backed-Netanyahu is threatening to invade Lebanon (which will prompt for certain, direct retaliation from Iran), Trump is more incensed that he might be unpopular with any world leader, including Iran.

It undermines his whole blustering narcissistic egocentrism - that he could end the war in Ukraine and Iran ‘tomorrow’ or ‘they never would have this war if I was President’ (lies)

On Ukraine, his attitude is no less concerning.

“Trump says Ukraine is 'dead' and 'demolished'

Donald Trump has said people in Ukraine are "dead" and described the country as "demolished" during a campaign event in North Carolina.

The former president argued that Ukraine should have made concessions to Russian President Vladimir Putin in the months before the war started. “

While everyone else is working hard to support Ukraine, Trump is more concerned about his personal popularity and attacking Zelenskyy :

“The president of Ukraine is in our country and he's making little, nasty aspersions towards your favourite president, me," he said, according to our US partner site NBC News. “

The man is utterly despicable and some might even argue, deliberately provoking assassination attempts just so he can play the victim card and win votes.

“Around the world, our enemies are desperate to prevent Donald Trump from returning to the White House because they know I will make America great again. They don't want that," he said.”

Authorities have made no such connection between the two assassination attempts and Iran.

Surely, according to his own playbook, there is no need to threaten Iran at all - all he needs do is 'make a deal' with them, like he suggests Ukraine should have done before they knew they were going to be invaded.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Surely, according to his own playbook, there is no need to threaten Iran at all - all he needs do is 'make a deal' with them, like he suggests Ukraine should have done before they knew they were going to be invaded.
Yeah, I thought that every global situation/crisis/conflict etc just needs the Trumpster to be become involved, and it's instantly 'sorted'? :shrug:

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Yeah, I thought that every global situation/crisis/conflict etc just needs the Trumpster to be become involved, and it's instantly 'sorted'? :shrug:

Both right - sadly.

Trump on the campaign trail in North Carolina:

“Those cities are gone, they’re gone, and we continue to give billions of dollars to a man who refused to make a deal, Zelensky. There was no deal that he could have made that wouldn’t have been better than the situation you have right now. You have a country that has been obliterated, not possible to be rebuilt,”

Senior leading Republicans refusing to even meet Zelenskyy while he is Stateside.

I was accused earlier in the week of not being ’morally outraged’ enough by the WFA withdrawal from pensioners above the cut off for means-tested benefits (even though I disagreed with and criticised the policy numerous times) - my response was that I channel that energy into being active in politics and campaigning for change in real life (I rarely commented on the UK political threads; Labour/Tory/Brexit etc, prior to the General Election but I did dedicated hours over a period of weeks to getting rid of our local Tory MP who coincidentally was the worse leader of this Country in modern times. I don’t have that outlet of my outrage in the US General Election, I don’t have a vote and I can’t campaign for the Democrats (although if I had been younger and healthier, I certainly would be over there helping my family Democrat activists in this election). Therefore, all that is left for me in this situation is to express moral outrage on a football forum where it makes not the slightest difference to anything.

That is why I express my anger and moral outrage against Trump - I feel utterly powerless to make a difference and it breaks my heart that he dismisses the plight of Ukranians and Palestinians - two peoples being indiscriminately slaughtered by illegal occupiers and invaders and now the Lebanese (30% of whom are Christian btw) . I am concerned deeply for the future of Ukraine and Palestine under a Trump Presidency and the consequences to both Europe and the ME if either population succumbs to genocide and territory annexed to the occupiers.

He is an appeaser of dictators - we laugh and mock him but he is a CLEAR and PRESENT DANGER ⚠️

Last edited:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Both right - sadly.

“Those cities are gone, they’re gone, and we continue to give billions of dollars to a man who refused to make a deal, Zelensky. There was no deal that he could have made that wouldn’t have been better than the situation you have right now. You have a country that has been obliterated, not possible to be rebuilt,”

Senior leading Republicans refusing to even meet Zelenskyy while he is Stateside.

I was accused earlier in the week of not being ’morally outraged’ enough by the WFA withdrawal from pensioners above the cut off for means-tested benefits (even though I disagreed with and criticised the policy numerous times) - my response was that I channel that energy into being active in politics and campaigning for change in real life (I rarely commented on the UK political threads; Labour/Tory/Brexit etc, prior to the General Election but I did dedicated hours over a period of weeks to getting rid of our local Tory MP who coincidentally was the worse leader of this Country in modern times. I don’t have that outlet of my outrage in the US General Election, I don’t have a vote and I can’t campaign for the Democrats (although if I had been younger and healthier, I certainly would be over there helping my family Democrat activists in this election). Therefore, all that is left for me in this situation is to express moral outrage on a football forum where it makes not the slightest difference to anything.

That is why I express my anger and moral outrage against Trump - I feel utterly powerless to make a difference and it breaks my heart that he dismisses the plight of Ukranians and Palestinians - two peoples being indiscriminately slaughtered by illegal occupiers and invaders and now the Lebanese (30% of whom are Christian btw) . I am concerned deeply for the future of Ukraine and Palestine under a Trump Presidency and the consequences to both Europe and the ME if either population succumbs to genocide and territory annexed to the occupiers.

He is an appeaser of dictators - we laugh and mock him but he is a CLEAR and PRESENT DANGER ⚠️
I still find it unfathomable that we have to rely on about 20,000 people in Pennsylvania to make the right choice or watch this orange bungle**** get to ratfuck the entire world.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
The grift doesn't stop:

The Trump watch line is offering two models, dubbed the Trump Victory Tourbillon and the Fight Fight Fight Watch. The Tourbillon watch is "almost entirely" crafted from 18 carat gold and includes 122 diamonds, according to the Trump watch website. It also includes a tourbillon mechanism, a high-end component that is designed to improve a watch's accuracy, and carries a $100,000 price tag.
The Fight Fight Fight watch sells for between $500 and $800, depending on the color, and is gold-plated, the site says.
And I thought Biden had destroyed the economy and nobody could afford to live anymore?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Both right - sadly.

We all know the deal that Trump and Putin would have demanded, and will demand if the criminal predator gets back in, would be a surrender and the loss of much, if not all, of Ukraine.
Should the worst happen and Trump get back in (I don't think he will without vote rigging) we can only hope the EU fully supports Ukraine and continues to supply the weaponry needed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here