Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The 2024-25 Loanee Tracker Thread (14th. Sept. update)

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Port Vale fan just messaged me that they've taken Baker-Boaitey on loan
.................... and they have! Cheers!

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...icio-baker-boaitey-loan-port-vale-august-2024

Latest complete round-up:
Benicio Baker-Boaitey - on loan at Port Vale (League 2);
Luca Barrington - on loan at Grimsby (League 2);
James Beadle - on loan at Sheffield Wednesday (Championship);
Ben Jackson - on loan at Livingston (Scottish Championship);
Tom McGill - on loan at MK Dons (League 2).

Kjell Scherpen - on loan at Sturm Graz (Austrian Bundesliga).

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Barrington going on loan to Crap Town is better than ending up at a MTL club.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Strange we’re loaning him to Port Vale after how bad the Weir loan went. Always assumed we’d blacklist clubs if players didn’t get minutes.
Our players shouldn’t be forced to get game time - we hated stuff like that as a League One club. They need to earn their place

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Our players shouldn’t be forced to get game time - we hated stuff like that as a League One club. They need to earn their place
Theres also more to it than minutes that we would never know - integrating in a 1st team, relationship building, feedback from the club, knowing he was trained in the right areas, playing style - the club will have positives with certain loans and clubs that may to the outsider look like an abject failure.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Strange we’re loaning him to Port Vale after how bad the Weir loan went. Always assumed we’d blacklist clubs if players didn’t get minutes.

I don't think his loan went that badly at Port Vale. Joined in January, started half of the games he was in the squad for and played over 1000 mins. It was his Blackpool loan in the first half of the season that didn't go great, just 4 starts and 300 mins in the league.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They seem a little more enthusiastic about his arrival than they did for Jensen. I suppose being good in PL2, with five PL appearances last season (surprised it was really that many!) looks a better cv than 'failing' at Blackpool.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't think his loan went that badly at Port Vale. Joined in January, started half of the games he was in the squad for and played over 1000 mins. It was his Blackpool loan in the first half of the season that didn't go great, just 4 starts and 300 mins in the league.
Didn't go that badly, you say? Let's hope he didn't read the Onevalefan forum then. Some shocking reviews on there!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Didn't go that badly, you say? Let's hope he didn't read the Onevalefan forum then. Some shocking reviews on there!
You’ll get shocking reviews of players on any forum. I don’t know why you give so much weight to what they say. They were relegated so it’s not like they are going to be positive.

From our point of view as a club he got plenty of mins 1000 mins from 17 games means he was averaging almost 60 mins a game. That’s what the club will be more concerned about, mins on the pitch getting experience in a team going through an adverse season. It helps build them up as players, develops character and sees how they cope when their backs are against the wall.

That’s more important than what some twats on the Port Vale forums think.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You’ll get shocking reviews of players on any forum. I don’t know why you give so much weight to what they say. They were relegated so it’s not like they are going to be positive.

From our point of view as a club he got plenty of mins 1000 mins from 17 games means he was averaging almost 60 mins a game. That’s what the club will be more concerned about, mins on the pitch getting experience in a team going through an adverse season. It helps build them up as players, develops character and sees how they cope when their backs are against the wall.

I don't claim they - or any other people on fans forums - are experts, but they give a fair indication of how impressive or otherwise a player is. Do we poo-poo the opinions of Oxford and Massive supporters when they enthuse about Beadle? Should we have ignored Coventry fans who thought Big Viktor was the Bees Knees?

We, on a fans forum, are not going to get feedback from the coaches - ours or theirs - so why not share the fans' opinions?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I don't claim they - or any other people on fans forums - are experts, but they give a fair indication of how impressive or otherwise a player is. Do we poo-poo the opinions of Oxford and Massive supporters when they enthuse about Beadle? Should we have ignored Coventry fans who thought Big Viktor was the Bees Knees?

We, on a fans forum, are not going to get feedback from the coaches - ours or theirs - so why not share the fans' opinions?
It should all be taken with a pinch of salt though.

You dismissed claims that Weirs Port Vale spell was a success because of what was written on their fans forums. That’s no different to “my mates a season ticket holder and thinks he’s shithouse” posts. The fact they were relegated which means they are hardly likely to be posting positive thoughts about any of their players.

Clearly the club were happy with the mins Weir got, and how Vale treated the player considering we have sent another player there. Vale must have been happy with the player as they a)used him a lot and b) have been happy to take another one of our players on loan. I’d rather use those as gauges on how a players loan has gone than whatever is posted online.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It should all be taken with a pinch of salt though.

You dismissed claims that Weirs Port Vale spell was a success because of what was written on their fans forums. That’s no different to “my mates a season ticket holder and thinks he’s shithouse” posts. The fact they were relegated which means they are hardly likely to be posting positive thoughts about any of their players.

Clearly the club were happy with the mins Weir got, and how Vale treated the player considering we have sent another player there. Vale must have been happy with the player as they a)used him a lot and b) have been happy to take another one of our players on loan. I’d rather use those as gauges on how a players loan has gone than whatever is posted online.
Best not discuss progress of loans until they're finished, then. :shrug:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Best not discuss progress of loans until they're finished, then. :shrug:
Now you are just coming across as obtuse. Im not saying we can’t discuss loan players progress. But if your entire evidence is based on how some fans think it’s going on their forums then you need to consider if there are other factors involved in why they think that.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Now you are just coming across as obtuse. Im not saying we can’t discuss loan players progress. But if your entire evidence is based on how some fans think it’s going on their forums then you need to consider if there are other factors involved in why they think that.
The negative comments and the positive comments are a barometer of fans' opinions. That's it, pure and simple. It's no different from us discussing, say, whether Buonanotte should go out on loan or not. Or whether we're in for, or going to get, Kadioglu. It's discussion, on a fans' forum (and in case you didn't realise, "my mates brother-in-law's sister has a mate who dated a supporter of xxxxx and they said he's shitehouse" is a joke!)
And if you want to be pedantic, perhaps we shouldn't form opinions about Weir's loans until we know the ultimate outcome. If, for instance, he is released, or let go on a free to League 1 or 2, would that be sufficient evidence for you to say his development loan at Port Vale did not produce the results that were hoped for?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Interesting to see how baker boitley does

Obviously has a lot about him to feature 5 times for us .

Has pretty much shown nothing at all in each appearance though .

Good loan
Runs quick though !!

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Interesting to see how baker boitley does

Obviously has a lot about him to feature 5 times for us .

Has pretty much shown nothing at all in each appearance though .

Good loan
How much do you expect a player to show in a five minute cameo though?

Northants Seagull

Apr 11, 2024
The negative comments and the positive comments are a barometer of fans' opinions. That's it, pure and simple. It's no different from us discussing, say, whether Buonanotte should go out on loan or not. Or whether we're in for, or going to get, Kadioglu. It's discussion, on a fans' forum (and in case you didn't realise, "my mates brother-in-law's sister has a mate who dated a supporter of xxxxx and they said he's shitehouse" is a joke!)
And if you want to be pedantic, perhaps we shouldn't form opinions about Weir's loans until we know the ultimate outcome. If, for instance, he is released, or let go on a free to League 1 or 2, would that be sufficient evidence for you to say his development loan at Port Vale did not produce the results that were hoped for?

Han Solo

May 25, 2024

Many of them wondered why on earth they had signed a player who had scored just 3 goals in his loan spell with them.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

Spoke to a Vale fan last night funnily enough actually, brought up Weir his quote was 'he could have been good no one knows, but you could have Messi in that team last year and he'd have looked like a carthorse' so I think its a harsh spell to judge him on.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Spoke to a Vale fan last night funnily enough actually, brought up Weir his quote was 'he could have been good no one knows, but you could have Messi in that team last year and he'd have looked like a carthorse' so I think its a harsh spell to judge him on.
Yes, I think it's fair to say the Port Vale forum was miserable about everything last season! There were some pretty scathing comments about Weir, though, that can't be denied.
What happens next with Weir will be a good indication of how good or bad the loan was; all seems very quiet at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here