Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The 2024-25 Loanee Tracker Thread

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It’s like the emperors new clothes looking at some of these comments. The lad flatters to deceive, dives for the fun of it and all too often on the periphery of a game. Unlikely we’ll see him back playing regularly for the Albion.
He is 19 years old ffs

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Unless I'm mistaken you've made similar comments about the lad before. In the face of positive comments, why wade in with uour preconceived views? Ever heard the phrase 'if you can't say anything nice, say nothing?'
Sincere apologies for not having the same opinion that coincides with yourself. Just an assumption that NSC was open to opinion, debate and points of view. But of course not if you don’t agree with it.

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
IMG_7092.png

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
How’s this for lazy journalism. The Mail gave FB the lowest Leicester score, 5/10 prob because he was substituted after 79 mins
Wasn't Alan Smith was it?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It’s like the emperors new clothes looking at some of these comments. The lad flatters to deceive, dives for the fun of it and all too often on the periphery of a game. Unlikely we’ll see him back playing regularly for the Albion.
I'm not sure about "flatters to deceive" but he wasn't quite at it for us last season. I don't think it's unreasonable to say what you say if he doesn't improve. But that said, he's only 19 years old and the whole point of a loan was that he'll get minutes at the highest level - something he's never going to get here. If he stayed here he'd get cameos, plenty of half-hour sub appearances and about 8 league starts a season.

I am happy to see how he progresses and frankly it is still weird supporting a club that is so very well run that it can send fringe players on loan to what is currently a lesser team in the same division. It's a decision that oozes confidence and class on all sorts of levels - for the player, the loan club and our own club. Putting it into context, this is the sort of loan you might expect Arsenal or Liverpool to offer. Read into that what you will.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I watched the match and Facu was great. We either get a better player back next season or make a lot of money in the transfer fee.

(and imagine us loaning a player to help out a recent PL- and FAC-winning club. Madness.)

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
This shouldn't be a surprise and i'm pleased for him. There was a spell after that dire 0-0 with Wolves at home where he hit a real patch of form and really started to shine, before the whole squad fell away in the last part of the season.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
How’s this for lazy journalism. The Mail gave FB the lowest Leicester score, 5/10 prob because he was substituted after 79 mins
When I click on that link, it says Buonanotte was an 8, not a 5/10, and describes him as the stand out player for Cooper and the biggest positive of the night.
Knee jerk change by The Mail?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
When I click on that link, it says Buonanotte was an 8, not a 5/10, and describes him as the stand out player for Cooper and the biggest positive of the night.
Knee jerk change by The Mail?
Possibly. I saw it in hard copy

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm not sure about "flatters to deceive" but he wasn't quite at it for us last season. I don't think it's unreasonable to say what you say if he doesn't improve. But that said, he's only 19 years old and the whole point of a loan was that he'll get minutes at the highest level - something he's never going to get here. If he stayed here he'd get cameos, plenty of half-hour sub appearances and about 8 league starts a season.

I am happy to see how he progresses and frankly it is still weird supporting a club that is so very well run that it can send fringe players on loan to what is currently a lesser team in the same division. It's a decision that oozes confidence and class on all sorts of levels - for the player, the loan club and our own club. Putting it into context, this is the sort of loan you might expect Arsenal or Liverpool to offer. Read into that what you will.
….and EXACTLY why we can attract players like Cozier-Dubery who sees us a better long-term bet for his career development than Arsenal. We’re ridiculously well-run in most aspects and have been for a while now and it’s paying off massively.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Sincere apologies for not having the same opinion that coincides with yourself. Just an assumption that NSC was open to opinion, debate and points of view. But of course not if you don’t agree with it.
My opinion is that he has a touch of Messi about him. We are at different ends of the spectrum on this and by the end of the season we’ll know who is the better judge of a footballer, if he remains injury free :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here