14th - Havant & Waterlooville (a)
18th - Stevenage Borough (a)
21st - AFC Wimbledon (a)
24th - Crawley (a)
28th - Torquay United (a)

August
1st - TBC

8th - The season begins

Interesting that there's no non league local teams, so non league tests and only one league opposition so far

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Makes more sense the usual pre-season tour of non-league sussex clubs.

I would love it if we played in the Midlands on Aug 1st.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Torquay away is a fantastic fixture, tough L2 opposition who will be well up for it with their recent promotion back to the big time of league football. All only 40 miles down the road to boot.

:clap:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Slade did say that we wernt going to play anyone below confrence south!

I think the Aug 1st game will be a big team at home, like Fulham and Reading a few years ago

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
First pre-season game should be worthing..its the law.

pompeydel

May 27, 2004
West Sussex
Havant & Waterlooville , few pints, 5 minute walk watch the Brighton aces ...get in :drink: :ascarf:

Wasn't it only ever Worthing as part of the deal we had with them to play our reserves there??

Not sure, when this was asked last season at WFC you got different answers from different people.

Am very annoyed Russell has done this. The traditional friendly was always good for a club like us to bring in a big crowd, hopefully get some new fans who would come watch us every week, and bring in a bit of cash along the way.

It would also have been nice if the fans view from both clubs could have been put across by Insider, and a response of some kind whether positive or negative would have been nice on this, so as we could try to sway Russell and get the Albion down to Woodside Road.....Though if Barry Lloyd couldn't persuade Russell then who could??

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
Not sure, when this was asked last season at WFC you got different answers from different people.

Am very annoyed Russell has done this. The traditional friendly was always good for a club like us to bring in a big crowd, hopefully get some new fans who would come watch us every week, and bring in a bit of cash along the way.

It would also have been nice if the fans view from both clubs could have been put across by Insider, and a response of some kind whether positive or negative would have been nice on this, so as we could try to sway Russell and get the Albion down to Woodside Road.....Though if Barry Lloyd couldn't persuade Russell then who could??

Surely the aim of Pre Season is to prepare the team in the best possible way for the new season. If Slade does not think playing against a team of postmen and carpet fitters is a good preperation then that is good enough for me.

Would you also take the view that we should avoid promotion next season as we might miss out on some nice easy to get to away games?

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
How wank is that.
If were going to have a non league team, can't we have Eastbourne Borough.

Damn! I'd have gone to AFCW on principle but can't as it's the day I travel back from holiday.
I agree Worthing was always a good outing and enjoyed by large numbers of existing and potential fans.
Went to a Crawley friendly once before (years ago) and it was OK but reluctant to put more cash in their kitty after their snottiness about our potential ground sharing post-Goldstone.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Albion in uninspiring pre season fixtures shocker!

Albion in decent schedule of good pre-season games designed to get them in good shape for the opening league fixture instead of playing meaningless games against unbelievably weak opposition just to keep people happy shocker

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Albion in decent schedule of good pre-season games designed to get them in good shape for the opening league fixture instead of playing meaningless games against unbelievably weak opposition just to keep people happy shocker

Exactly, Pre-Season is to sort the team out not for fans to have jolly somewhere! RS is serious about this team and the club has no room for being sentimental anymore. We being a proper serious football club. Jesus people moaning about pre-season fixtures, get over yoursleves for god sake.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Hiney, i was referring to the fact that in previous years we've still managed glamour games like reading, fulham, charlton and ipswich. Our glamour tie this year is a trip to torquay

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here