Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Wrexham player who was stretchered off...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Dirty Brighton

:lolol:

Funny thing is, there are a few Wrexham fans complaining bitterly about the referee on their board. Not blaming him as such, I would stress, but saying he was shit. From my position- with the benefit of TV replays, obviously- I thought most of his big decisions were just about right. Early on it felt like he was penalising us every time their players went down, almost as though he was giving the lower league side a bit of sympathy. Then again there were two tackles by Wrexham players that would have cause an absolute outcry if they'd been in the Premier League. One was by Obeng in the first half and one by Tolley (I think) in the second. Given recent events, neither could have remotely complained if they'd got a red instead of a yellow.

The penalty claim near the end was quite rightly turned down (I had my heart in my mouth when I first saw it, but then on viewing the replay, there was no contact at all and the player threw himself down for no apparent reason), and other than that it was just the usual sort of 50/50 decisions that you win and lose every game.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Vincelot dislocated his shoulder on Saturday, and managed to put it straight back in again. When he went down the reg signalled straight to the bench but, vincelot got straight up had a bit of a shake and off he went !!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Vincelot dislocated his shoulder on Saturday, and managed to put it straight back in again. When he went down the reg signalled straight to the bench but, vincelot got straight up had a bit of a shake and off he went !!

This. Right in front of us. Vincelot is hard as NAILS.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Funny thing is, there are a few Wrexham fans complaining bitterly about the referee on their board. Not blaming him as such, I would stress, but saying he was shit. From my position- with the benefit of TV replays, obviously- I thought most of his big decisions were just about right. Early on it felt like he was penalising us every time their players went down, almost as though he was giving the lower league side a bit of sympathy. Then again there were two tackles by Wrexham players that would have cause an absolute outcry if they'd been in the Premier League. One was by Obeng in the first half and one by Tolley (I think) in the second. Given recent events, neither could have remotely complained if they'd got a red instead of a yellow.

The penalty claim near the end was quite rightly turned down (I had my heart in my mouth when I first saw it, but then on viewing the replay, there was no contact at all and the player threw himself down for no apparent reason), and other than that it was just the usual sort of 50/50 decisions that you win and lose every game.

two possible straight reds, Morrell could have been booked for backchat three times, and Obeng was particularly lucky, not to get a second yellow for the dive in the last minute. They really can't have many complaints.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
two possible straight reds, Morrell could have been booked for backchat three times, and Obeng was particularly lucky, not to get a second yellow for the dive in the last minute. They really can't have many complaints.
Too right. Andy Morrell - played well, but what an absolute f***ing GOBSHITE.

Obeng complained rather vehemently about getting a mere yellow card for his 2-footed tackle into our player that missed the ball totally and left our lad squirming in pain on the ground.

Kompany didn't even upend the opposing player, and he saw red for less.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
What are the odds someone caught that exact moment

Pretty good actually, considering how many photographers are about and the number of photos they take. It's not just click - 1 photo and wait. They take at least 4 or 5 a second.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Pretty good actually, considering how many photographers are about and the number of photos they take. It's not just click - 1 photo and wait. They take at least 4 or 5 a second.

My DSLR, which is far from professional, takes 9 shots per second at maximum burst speed. You'll see someone falling and hit the button. Bang. 18 shots. Law of averages, one if them must be goods.

Sent from my phone cause I can

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

that was funny and sickening at the same time......

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

When he injured it v sunderland (?) he tried to get ankergren to pull it back into place, but I think Ankergren was too tentative to do it effectively.

supporter3

Jan 19, 2012

Disagree may have deserved a yellow no more, showed bucket loads of passion. Ref decisions even themselves out and it did last night when barnes took out their winger then stepped on his back which looked dodgy to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here