Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I find it highly offensive personally.

What do others think ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Yes, not a throw away word is it ? Quite uncalled for.

What is cerebral palsy?

Cerebral palsy is primarily a disorder of voluntary movement and co-ordination, due to a defect or lesion of the immature brain.

It is an umbrella term covering a group of non-progressive, though not unchanging, motor impairment conditions, which range from multiple and profound to barely detectable. There are three main types:

Spastic cerebral palsy refers to increased muscle tone or hypertonia.

Ataxic cerebral palsy refers to disordered movements characterised by short and jerky movements. Often muscle tone is normal or decreased.

Dyskinetic cerebral palsy usually comprises slow writhing movements where muscle tone fluctuates between increased and decreased tone.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I am deaf and wear hearing aids. I dont take offence to various words that are thrown about (not because I don't hear them:lolol: )

If people are happy using these words then I couldn't care less. If they want to be irreverent human beings then it is up to them. There is no point arguing with an idiot, as they bring you down to their level.

I was the subject of abuse during a hockey game at Uni, playing against our 2nd XI in the league. They had not lost for 2 years and they were playing the 4th XI (my team) with beer guts galore. The keeper was making comments all throughout the match and it spurred me on. I scored, we won and then I shook his hand at the end of the game. It took a lot of self control, but I wanted to prove than just beacuse you have a defect, doesnt make you strange or non-human.

I prefer to talk about these things, rather than avoid the subject. I guess I am going on a little so.......

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
the full harris said:
are 'mong' or 'retard' allowed?

Not really as I find them offensive as well.

Sadly not all members of society are equal and those that aren't should not be insulted.

Beach Hut said:
I find it highly offensive personally.

What do others think ?

I don't see nothing wrong with the word Spastic. Don't find anything wrong with, fat, Paki, Jew, ******, Coon, White milk shake etc.

FFS, it's only a word, if people find it offensive then get a grip, it's only a word.

I can imagine people on here, you’re in a pub and get called fatty, you'd run of crying shouting 'He called me fatty'

This country has to much politely correctness.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
BarrelofFun said:
I wanted to prove than just beacuse you have a defect, doesnt make you strange or non-human.

Well said, but there is no need to bring up HOCKEY:jester:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
BarrelofFun said:
I am deaf and wear hearing aids. I dont take offence to various words that are thrown about (not because I don't hear them:lolol: )

If people are happy using these words then I couldn't care less. If they want to be irreverent human beings then it is up to them. There is no point arguing with an idiot, as they bring you down to their level.

I was the subject of abuse during a hockey game at Uni, playing against our 2nd XI in the league. They had not lost for 2 years and they were playing the 4th XI (my team) with beer guts galore. The keeper was making comments all throughout the match and it spurred me on. I scored, we won and then I shook his hand at the end of the game. It took a lot of self control, but I wanted to prove than just beacuse you have a defect, doesnt make you strange or non-human.

I prefer to talk about these things, rather than avoid the subject. I guess I am going on a little so.......

Good post. I'd have taken the piss out of your bizarre green skin and that, despite the fact you wear glasses, you don't seem to have any eyes.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I must admit when I was younger there was the Spastics Society and my Mum used to give me a few pennies to put in the collection box.

Does it still exist ?

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Beach Hut said:
I must admit when I was younger there was the Spastics Society and my Mum used to give me a few pennies to put in the collection box.

Does it still exist ?

No, it's called Scope now. Because too many people were using the word "spastic" as an insult.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
BarrelofFun said:

Sorry BOF, I don't think of people with your condition as either deffective or flawed. I admire your bravery though.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
No, it's called Scope now. Because too many people were using the word "spastic" as an insult.

So when did the name change ?

And does SCOPE mean something ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here