Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Rotunda Cafe at preston Park

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I have been in there several times, each time a disappointment. Really bad food, really bad drinks, over-priced, undercooked etc. The service is appalling, beligerent, inattentive teenage staff and a surly, verging on rude bearded chap that runs it.
They could make so much out of that place, they have the park sewn up really with the only other place to get food there being the pavillion cafe which, pleasant as it is only really serves junk.
I heard that the guy who runs th eRotunda kicked out all the mums with kids as he couldn't stand the noise.
Anyone else been to this disgrace?

zfleas

Aug 8, 2011
Worthing
Been to Woodys before in the early hours of the morning, and i can assure you Woodys is worse. One of my mates after a few beers was taking his time choosing what to have, and in fairness he was being a bit of a windup to the waitress, but I still dont think he deserved a 'HURRY UP AND ORDER OR I WILL STAB YOUR EYES OUT WITH A FORK YOU C UNT'

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Been to Woodys before in the early hours of the morning, and i can assure you Woodys is worse. One of my mates after a few beers was taking his time choosing what to have, and in fairness he was being a bit of a windup to the waitress, but I still dont think he deserved a 'HURRY UP AND ORDER OR I WILL STAB YOUR EYES OUT WITH A FORK YOU C UNT'

You see, I would find that funny. At least it's an attitude one way or the other. The people in there are just indifferent and surly.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I have been in there several times, each time a disappointment. Really bad food, really bad drinks, over-priced, undercooked etc. The service is appalling, beligerent, inattentive teenage staff and a surly, verging on rude bearded chap that runs it.
They could make so much out of that place, they have the park sewn up really with the only other place to get food there being the pavillion cafe which, pleasant as it is only really serves junk.
I heard that the guy who runs th eRotunda kicked out all the mums with kids as he couldn't stand the noise.
Anyone else been to this disgrace?

Isn't it run by an ex-Albion player ?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I think the pavillion cafe used to be run by an ex albion player but I don't think Rotunda is. If it is he's a miserable ****.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I used to work in there, it was shit. I quit so I could go to the Worthing pre-season friendly instead of doing a Saturday shift in there a few years ago, that's how bad it was :)

Haha! That's bad!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

I can understand that reaction, she has to deal with people being pissed up dickheads all night long, it's propably easier for her to go nuclear on people rather than try and tolerate it

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
If its so consistantly bad, why have you been there 'several times'?

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I heard they have a new waitress, some bird got the sack from a betting office, up the road.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Yeah it's terrible in there.

And given the local yummy-mummy-with-an-expensive-buggy population they could make a killing.

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
Couldn't agree more. That Rotunda is a lovely room, it could be really classy, but they've filled it up with garden furniture and made it look really cheap. With the Rose Garden and pond outside, it could be so much better. We still use it sometimes, because of where it is, and the Pavilion in the middle is hardly better. Such a waste. I think that every time I go in there, I wish it would change hands.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Preston Park is God's Own Park

It's fking great but the Rotunda is below par.

Such an ideal location for some trendy caf.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here