Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That new song being started by the North Stand on Saturday...

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Why are we called the Seagulls again?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So why not come up with a song of our OWN rather than just copying Palace (and about a million other clubs)?

Go on then, its easy to sit down and moan and moan without coming up with something yourself and get it going, what would you prefer then sitting in silence

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why not come up with a nickname of our own instead of adapting Seagulls from Eagles? Why start a new thread about it when there is already one going on discussing it?
Why not come up with an original song yourself instead of criticising others for getting an atmosphere going at a friendly?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Go on then, its easy to sit down and moan and moan without coming up with something yourself and get it going, what would you prefer then sitting in silence

I do plenty of singing.

Just think its a bit crap to copy the Palace Ultras and also to make a song only one stand can join in with.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
90% percent of songs are copied from someone else, there are about 10/15 tunes and everyone just changes the words which is what we have done.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I do plenty of singing.

Just think its a bit crap to copy the Palace Ultras and also to make a song only one stand can join in with.

But it's not copied from them though is it. To be honest until these threads started I wasn't aware Palace even sang it. The song and variations thereof are sung by loads of teams, of which the most prominent are probably St pauli. I thought the North Stand did a great job with it on saturday and I'm looking forward to the rest of us joining in, it should sound awesome.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I think it’s a little strange people are getting their knickers in a twist over our version of this chant seeing as our nickname and most common chant was a reaction of Palace’s nickname.

If it sounds good and people are encouraged to join in I couldn’t care less if Palace have already adopted it and if we can create a similar atmosphere as the Holmesdale fanatics, or whatever their called it can only be a good thing imo.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
So, we are pretty much down to GOSBTS?
Because lets think about it, Albion is sang by West Brom, Seagulls is sung by numerous clubs but with different words (Eagles, for an obvious example). No singing one nil to the albion, oh no, that's been done before by other clubs, I suppose you don't know what you're doing to the ref is now out of the question?
Football songs are pretty much all the same, its just the way, it's pretty difficult to start a new one every week to keep them fresh. Like others have said, before knocking it, think of a better contribution. I'll be joining in, dozens of clubs use that tune, we're hardly copying Palace.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
And Derek Chapman says he's one of the original lot who started doing it - now he's built us a stadium :)

I was at that game, in fact it was my 1st ever game,

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
90% percent of songs are copied from someone else, there are about 10/15 tunes and everyone just changes the words which is what we have done.

Well, therein lies a challenge. A BIG CHALLENGE.

What's obvious is you've got yourselves organised to create a song/chant, and what was done was quite impressive. There is over 60 years of popular music, and over 400 years of classical music to choose from for you to form your own unique repertoire.

So why not go for it? Be one of the 10% and create a brilliant chant / terrace dance routine no-one else has done, and make it our own. I have confidence you can do it. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here