Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

THAT Littlewoods advert.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Has hit a nerve with the British public. Some seriously misjudged target audiences I think, with most people having to have a budget Christmas this year. My mum is already aware she'll be getting a Macaroni picture of a horse from me this year.

The YouTube community has really outdone itself with some of the comments left on there :D

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I hate it, what better way to keep kids happy than by opening a credit account with insanely high interest rates that will take years to pay off.

stupid stupid advert, most ill informed and out of touch advert ive seen in a while,

while im thinking about adverts, isnt there another stupid one thats got yogi bear and the mr men advertising yoghurt or something?? that sucks as well.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I seriously can't stand that advert. I'm seriously not looking forward to this Christmas. Even through it my birthday at Christmas Eve. But my family getting evicted from our own house this year, which you lived and breathed in for 24 years, and living with a friend of ours. My christmas spirit is definitely not there this year, and I can't wait for it to bloody end.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
What's that one with the weird Mum, who goes 'mmmmmMM, Justin Beiber'.

Is he 18? I don't know but whatever, a bit weird to have a 40+ year old woman lusting after a teen on an advert.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Reminds me of a big sign I saw in one local Homebase at the peak of the Credit Crunch.

"Forget the Credit Crunch and open a Homebase credit account today.". But then it was in Harlow, deepest Essex.

zfleas

Aug 8, 2011
Worthing
What's that one with the weird Mum, who goes 'mmmmmMM, Justin Beiber'.

Is he 18? I don't know but whatever, a bit weird to have a 40+ year old woman lusting after a teen on an advert.

If it was the other way round- a middle aged man lusting over a 18 year old, there would be outrage! Find this in alot of cases now, put the adverts the other way round and it would be deemed 'offensive'

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Has hit a nerve with the British public. Some seriously misjudged target audiences I think, with most people having to have a budget Christmas this year.

Yup, some Clever Trevors at the ad agency going to be seriously re-evaluated of their worth to society over that one :lol:

'Who put an Xbox under the tree?' - DESTROY!

Last edited:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
If it was the other way round- a middle aged man lusting over a 18 year old, there would be outrage! Find this in alot of cases now, put the adverts the other way round and it would be deemed 'offensive'

As long as they are 'of age' I don't see a problem in either case, apart from it being extremely creepy.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Does not seem a bother to me but I suppose here in Canada and in the US the whole buy now pay later is pretty ingrained in society.....suppose thats why so many people are in debt over their heads though!

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Has hit a nerve with the British public. Some seriously misjudged target audiences I think, with most people having to have a budget Christmas this year. My mum is already aware she'll be getting a Macaroni picture of a horse from me this year.

The YouTube community has really outdone itself with some of the comments left on there :D

I hate it and it must die.......

That ad is dreadful.

This one though....

This on the other hand is comedy gold.......

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
There'll be very heavy snow the week before Christmas, just like last year hopefully to kill their profits and go out of business. Greedy bastards.

Oct 25, 2003
I seriously can't stand that advert. I'm seriously not looking forward to this Christmas. Even through it my birthday at Christmas Eve. But my family getting evicted from our own house this year, which you lived and breathed in for 24 years, and living with a friend of ours. My christmas spirit is definitely not there this year, and I can't wait for it to bloody end.

shit, sorry to hear that kev........hope you're all ok!

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Does not seem a bother to me but I suppose here in Canada and in the US the whole buy now pay later is pretty ingrained in society.....suppose thats why so many people are in debt over their heads though!

Yeah, but not just the people, this is why the western world is in trouble.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I HATE christmas/new year.

Its COLD

Its DARK when you go to work and DARK when you come home

Last couple of years there has been SNOW. Which grinds us to a halt.

People rack up debt to buy presents for people they hardly know/see.

Relationships generally tend to end around xmas/new year.

Energy bills/credit card bills arrive early in new year.

NYE is ALWAYS overrated and overpriced.

Generally if you are being made redundant its always xmas/new yr time.

So tell me. Whats f***ing merry about it?

f*** ALL

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here