Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That **** in the Palace shirt at the Lewes game

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Only one way to fight back! Buzzer must go full kit for the Lewes v palace 11 on August the 1st! That will show them,

My god they must be wetting themselves with laughter up at palace over shirtgate!

This must confirm we are now officially tinpot!???

Tinpot...and this from the man who has stopped going to watch Brighton just because we've moved from a running track to a proper stadium and he's got the hump because the club refuses to announce his name before the game for the benefit of the new fans who don't know that you're Brighton's biggest fan.

Sorry Rev, but when you roll out some grainy photographs of aggro from the late 70s with all the pride of a mother showing off pics of her newborn son all I can think is that it looks like Noddy Holder windmilling with Peter Sutcliffe. It wasn't a good look.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I'm not really understanding your point completely.
You are saying that, someone should have given him a slap, ignored him or enjoyed seeing someone with a Palace shirt with Murray on the back watching Brighton.

I actually think the outcome was correct, [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION] told him he had made a mistake and he saw the error of his ways and covered up the shirt.
The Palace fan was lucky he didn't meet someone that actually did want to hit him.

Just a guess but if the Palace fan had been ignored he would probably had posted a selfie on Twitter, Facebook or whatever of himself saying " look at me taking the piss at a Brighton match "
I would hope bha wouldnt slap a shirter around although I did witness Palace mongs foaming at the mouth over a couple of middle aged scarfers outside Selhurst once.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Seriously, why would anyone do that and then feign surprise when people called him a c*nt?

He clearly wore it for a reaction and he got many yet appeared surprised by the comments. Utter attention-seeking knob jockey. Surprised if he didn't end up getting slapped even after he saw sense in the second half and covered up. Would I wear a Brighton top to a Dulwich Hamlet v Palace game? No, I'd have a bit of respect. C*nt.

And yes, I did call him that to his face

What would you been doing at such game? ???

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Never mind all this shirt nonsense.

I appear to be the ONLY person on NSC who wasn't at a party on Saturday night with a Palace and a Pompey fan.

I'm feeling LEFT OUT.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I would hope bha wouldnt slap a shirter around although I did witness Palace mongs foaming at the mouth over a couple of middle aged scarfers outside Selhurst once.

Yes I'm glad he didn't get a slap and he covered up his shirt, but he could have met someone that had far too many pints of Stella.

The first time we played Palace at the AMEX i saw a Brighton fan, replica shirt over jumper type, standing outside the West Stand before the match shouting abuse at every Palace fan that passed him.
Luckily for him the stewards saved him as a small group of Palace lads ( not wearing colours ) suddenly appeared and went towards him.

Tinpot...and this from the man who has stopped going to watch Brighton just because we've moved from a running track to a proper stadium and he's got the hump because the club refuses to announce his name before the game for the benefit of the new fans who don't know that you're Brighton's biggest fan.

Sorry Rev, but when you roll out some grainy photographs of aggro from the late 70s with all the pride of a mother showing off pics of her newborn son all I can think is that it looks like Noddy Holder windmilling with Peter Sutcliffe. It wasn't a good look.

I'm sure you will fall into the same trap and still be retelling the shirtgate incident in 40 years time???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If I'm ever tempted to use that cow smiley then I'll do the decent thing and go for a long walk Captain Oates style.
There's always common ground somewhere.
We just have to look.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Back in '95, myself and a Carlisle supporter had a day out to watch Wimbledon v Leeds at Selhurst (THAT Yeboah goal). Being a bit wet behind the ears, and not really thinking, I suggested we wore our respective team shirts. He didn't in the end but I did. I'll be honest, I hadn't even thought about the Palace connections - but there was no Palace animosity at all as we walked the streets. What I hadn't thought about was the Brighton shirt looked a lot like the Sheffield Wednesday shirt, so i did get a few glances and could hear comments from the Leeds fans! But had no direct abuse - lesson learned though.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I won't condone any football violence, as that definitely isn't right. But at the same time I won't condemn fans for telling this guy where to go or calling him the c word. It was a Brighton friendly not a Palace friendly. People might say he had a right to attend the game, but frankly he doesn't have the right to attend a Brighton game wearing a palace shirt. In the same way a Brighton fan doesn't have the right to attend a Palace game wearing a Brighton shirt. It's obvious that's going to provoke a reaction, so you can't complain about the language used when a reaction is exactly what he was aiming for. And to be honest if the language used was an issue then I think the Lewes staff should have had more sense than to allow someone in wearing that shirt. It's almost as if because it's a friendly it's allowed, but he'd never be allowed to sit with Brighton fans during a league game, he'd get slung out.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I am struggling to understand what possessed this random to think that turning up in a palace shirt was anything other than behaving like an utter goon.

Fair enough if he'd had 'Donkey' printed on the back, or something similar - that could have been amusing.

But no - he was deliberately being a tool. Pathetic of him.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I really can't be arsed to hate Palace. There are much bigger tools in the World to get annoyed about, like ISIS and numerous other bellends. Palace are an irrelevance, more likely we are in all fairness as they are light years ahead of us now. He may have been a knob for wearing it but to react is probably want he wanted, to know he pissed off the weed. He probably got loads of high fives in Croydon from his palace mates when he got back. If this really did wind people up I think your life must be pretty damn good in that something of such miniscule importance is actually a big issue to you

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I am struggling to understand what possessed this random to think that turning up in a palace shirt was anything other than behaving like an utter goon.

Fair enough if he'd had 'Donkey' printed on the back, or something similar - that could have been amusing.

But no - he was deliberately being a tool. Pathetic of him.

I would think to get a reaction and wind up a few Brighton fans. My guess is he is probably pretty happy with his job and rather enjoying this thread to boot.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Or maybe he was a Palace fan wearing his Shirt as he is a supporter of his club, it's a free country. Just because he is fan of another club as he parents probably took him to see them when he was young, what's the problem ? Why do we get all upset over? Would you be upset if you went to see a band and someone was wearing a t shirt from another band? Grow up, it's a free world. You should have just had a chat with him about why they have a drummer, or goal music and a silly kit, just a bit of banter, no more, pathetic in my book.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here