Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That **** in the Palace shirt at the Lewes game

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
well, you can carry on judging me based on an internet username and an avatar if you wish just as i will continue to judge you based on the fact that you called someone a **** because of the shirt they were wearing and then posted on here about it.

Call that a comeback? :wozza:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
well, you can carry on judging me based on an internet username and an avatar if you wish just as i will continue to judge you based on the fact that you called someone a **** because of the shirt they were wearing and then posted on here about it.

Fair point. I think it's a shame that fans of rival teams can't get along with civility at a pre-season friendly match. Obviously the Palace fan was making a statement and he needs to be realistic about what the reaction is going to be, but did he deserve the personal abuse mentioned in this thread? Not in my opinion, no. Bottom line, he shouldn't have worn the shirt, knowing it would be inflammatory.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
i do apologise. i didn't realise there was a competitive element to expressing one's opinion.

Apology accepted :)

Of course you didn't anyway as abusing other posters ( post #193 ) is more of your thing.
Coming on here to abuse someone that verbally abused a Palace fan :rolleyes:

image.jpg

Jan 30, 2008
Earlier this year on holiday I wandered down to the pool in my Brighton shirt, with my Brighton Towel. After a while a couple with the guy part of the couple in a Palace shirt grabbed some sunbeds near ours.

Did we fight, turn each others sunbeds over, spend the day glaring at each other or move because I couldnt lay in the sun near a Palace fan? No it actually was an ice-breaker and gave us something to talk about at the bar.

I must be such a bad Brighton supporter, fancy talking to and having a beer with a Palace fan!!
wearing a Brighton shirt and having a Brighton beach towel on hols , have you got the duvet set as well :rolleyes:
regards
DR

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Haha! Why would anyone get so upset over someone else's shit joke? I imagine the OP to be very much like the little chap in specs on that infamous video "You wan' some? I'll give it ya".

Seriously though, pathetic.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
But then again he was only going to a Brighton game, so he knew he was safe.

I'm struggling to understand how fans can be so outraged by this but not actually, except for some naughty words, do anything.

It's all very well citing North London, Glasgow and Manchester in defense of being incandescent with rage but it seems a little odd:-

'You can't wear that shirt because other people in a similar situation would be so outraged they'd duff you up'.
'Luckily for you we're not like those so all I'm going to do is use inappropriate language'.

That takes 'hold me back' to a whole new level.

This. I seriously doubt the OP said anything to the bloke. The kind of man that goes up and calls a stranger a ****, is not generally the type that then does the threatening thing on NSC 24 hours later.

Last edited:

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
If you go for a walk on brighton/ hove promenade most days as we do in the summer and you get many people wearing crystal palace regalia. Shirts, track suit tops, jumpers, tee shirts etc etc. so what?

Personally when the game is on between the two of us ( which is few and far between I grant you) then there is banter and fierce rivalry...a day later it's back to normal life. I have many palace fans I regard as good friends and yes, ok, maybe this bloke was wearing the shirt to be a bit antagonistic, but hey.....

I saw one brighton fan get all apoplectic at a game a couple of years ago at a young lad wearing a palace top in the north stand. Yelling abuse in his dad's direction and screaming for a steward. Turned out it was a Barcelona shirt as he had just come back from holiday.

Lol that's funny

I go down to Brighton fairly regularly and have a palace badge and palace dangly thing on my rear view mirror, I always wonder when I park whether I should remove them for fear of getting my car damaged or gobbed on but I never bother, the only thing that's ever happened is someone writing "you should be ashamed" in the dirt on my bonnet :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here