Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That **** in the Palace shirt at the Lewes game

SAC

May 21, 2014
Earlier this year on holiday I wandered down to the pool in my Brighton shirt, with my Brighton Towel. After a while a couple with the guy part of the couple in a Palace shirt grabbed some sunbeds near ours.

Did we fight, turn each others sunbeds over, spend the day glaring at each other or move because I couldnt lay in the sun near a Palace fan? No it actually was an ice-breaker and gave us something to talk about at the bar.

I must be such a bad Brighton supporter, fancy talking to and having a beer with a Palace fan!!

Is it a blue and white towel or an actual BHA towel circa 1975? I seriously haven't seen one of those since primary school swimming.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Earlier this year on holiday I wandered down to the pool in my Brighton shirt, with my Brighton Towel. After a while a couple with the guy part of the couple in a Palace shirt grabbed some sunbeds near ours.

Did we fight, turn each others sunbeds over, spend the day glaring at each other or move because I couldnt lay in the sun near a Palace fan? No it actually was an ice-breaker and gave us something to talk about at the bar.

I must be such a bad Brighton supporter, fancy talking to and having a beer with a Palace fan!!

Benidorm?? :thumbsup:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is it a blue and white towel or an actual BHA towel circa 1975? I seriously haven't seen one of those since primary school swimming.

My son bought me a BHA towel a couple of years back.

kjgood

I'm guessing you haven't been in the BHA club shop in the last 5-6 years then.
Lol wrong, probably three or four years old, with the word seagulls top and bottom and a massive B&H crest in the middle. Glad the design of my towel has created so much interest. I suppose that shows theres nothing much of importance going on.

Seeing theres so much interest maybe I should consider offering out as a collectors piece on E Bay.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
What would you have done Das ?
Would you have steamed in and battered him, or realised he was a scarfer ?

The scarfer was taking liberties on das's manor , draw your own conclusions .

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Seriously, why would anyone do that and then feign surprise when people called him a c*nt?

He clearly wore it for a reaction and he got many yet appeared surprised by the comments. Utter attention-seeking knob jockey. Surprised if he didn't end up getting slapped even after he saw sense in the second half and covered up. Would I wear a Brighton top to a Dulwich Hamlet v Palace game? No, I'd have a bit of respect. C*nt.

And yes, I did call him that to his face

you sad, sad, pathetic, immature 'man'.

your worst crime, however, is making me agree with one of that cycling ****'s posts...

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
lol wrong try again

I could be here all evening guessing :)

Your holiday story did remind me of something that happened in Ibiza about 6 years back.
I have also got an Albion beach towel and I had put it on a sun bed next to the hotel pool, I went to get something to eat and on my return there was a ' Super Eagles ' Palace towel on the sun bed next to mine.
When the Palace fan appeared I said to him " lucky Palace " as they had just avoided relegation in the last game of the season against Sheffield Wednesday.
He wasn't impressed at all and started slagging off the Albion, he told me he lived in Crawley so I asked him when he moved out of the slums and Into Sussex , he said he was from Sussex.
I asked him why he didn't support his local team or Brighton, this didn't go down well and I didn't see him again.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
you sad, sad, pathetic, immature 'man'.

your worst crime, however, is making me agree with one of that cycling ****'s posts...

Oh my! Pompous indignation and cries of being sad and immature by a bloke with a username of Bumlick and an avatar ripping the piss out of Anne Frank.

Haha! A genuine laugh out loud moment, thanks for that!

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Oh my! Pompous indignation and cries of being sad and immature by a bloke with a username of Bumlick and an avatar ripping the piss out of Anne Frank.

Agreed Buzzer !.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I could be here all evening guessing :)

Your holiday story did remind me of something that happened in Ibiza about 6 years back.
I have also got an Albion beach towel and I had put it on a sun bed next to the hotel pool, I went to get something to eat and on my return there was a ' Super Eagles ' Palace towel on the sun bed next to mine.
When the Palace fan appeared I said to him " lucky Palace " as they had just avoided relegation in the last game of the season against Sheffield Wednesday.
He wasn't impressed at all and started slagging off the Albion, he told me he lived in Crawley so I asked him when he moved out of the slums and Into Sussex , he said he was from Sussex.
I asked him why he didn't support his local team or Brighton, this didn't go down well and I didn't see him again.
Unfortunately that guy never returned from his holiday...
drowning-man-480x408.jpg

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
What a stupid, stupid comment. It's even more stupid than the one by a previous poster who somehow compares liking a band with liking a football team or the one who said that little things shouldn't annoy people because there's ISIS in the world. If you should only concern yourself with things that matter in your life then you should give up supporting a football club. In fact give up with football altogether because it doesn't really matter and you could be doing something more worthwhile with your time.

I'd also point out that you've read a thread, been concerned enough about it to log on and then posted a view about something you say you don't give a flying f*ck about because it's not a priority to you. You still expressed a view despite it not being a priority. 99% of all threads started on NSC are about things that don't really matter and I'm willing to bet that you're just as guilty as me of being irritated by something that plenty of people couldn't give a damn about so please, get off your high horse.
Spot on.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Lol wrong, probably three or four years old, with the word seagulls top and bottom and a massive B&H crest in the middle. Glad the design of my towel has created so much interest. I suppose that shows theres nothing much of importance going on.

Seeing theres so much interest maybe I should consider offering out as a collectors piece on E Bay.

It wasn't a comment aimed at you, but at SAC, who seems to think we havent produced a BHA towel since the days of Ziggy Stardust live the Hammersmith Apollo. I own that same towel, it is a classic piece of kit with the massive crest and it will be travelling to the Thai islands with me at the end of the month #look at me

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here

well, you can carry on judging me based on an internet username and an avatar if you wish just as i will continue to judge you based on the fact that you called someone a **** because of the shirt they were wearing and then posted on here about it.

oh yeah, i would love to hear your explanation of how my avatar is "ripping the piss out of Anne Frank."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here