Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That damn Southern Trains Ad

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Has anyone heard the annoying yet catchy advert on either Southern FM or seen it on Meridian?

I'm leaving on the 8.15 to Croydon (to the tune of Midnight Train to Georgia) indeed

Passengers keeps asking me who sings it....

Last edited:

Mar 24, 2005
Why are they trying to attract more passengers when the peak-hour trains are packed out anyway and full of miserable bastards (rightly so as you have to pay shitloads to get to work and rarely get a seat!). I've heard that the train infastructure is working to its maximum so there would be no more seats/trains!

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Isnt this all part of the wonderfull marketing campaign to subtaly raise awareness to the forthcoming decision to scrap the Gatwick Express in favour of Southern getting all the track time that the GE currently uses, not to mention the £10 million a month PROFIT that they reckon Southern FAT CATS will rake in, when in truth its the commuter who suffers not just with overcrowded trains, but with a piss poor monopolised service.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Rougvie said:
Isnt this all part of the wonderfull marketing campaign to subtaly raise awareness to the forthcoming decision to scrap the Gatwick Express in favour of Southern getting all the track time that the GE currently uses, not to mention the £10 million a month PROFIT that they reckon Southern FAT CATS will rake in, when in truth its the commuter who suffers not just with overcrowded trains, but with a piss poor monopolised service.

But MY shares will be worth a MINT :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I thought that ad was a comedy spoof - it certainly won't be long before one of the sketch shows pick it up.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
You're quite right Rougvie.

The whole Gatwick Express scrapping is a ridiculous idea and will be a travesty if they get away with it.

The prices they are charging now are totally ridiculous and for a journey of any significant distance, you're always better off getting a flight (cheaper and quicker) than a train.

Furthermore, despite all this lovely new rolling stock Southern have it appears they would rather pack the old scummy shite trains with commuters in rush hour than risk getting the new ones dirty as every peak time train on my line (East Grinstead) is one of them old slam door trains rather than the flashy new ones. What's that all about?

Whilst Southern are pissing all over the utter embarrassment those French clowns Connex instigated, they're still raking in the money all over and their record only looks so good when held up against the previous regime (which frankly couldn't have been any worse).

Oh Dr Beeching, why why why?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be fair its not the southern trains that are usually overcrowded.

Its those fleas ridden shitty thameslink ones that are and they insist on running about 6 carriages when about 20 is needed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here