Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That commentator

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Anyone know who he was?

Not sour grapes in the slightest. Early on in the fairly dull first half where neither team really did much, a lot of us were getting wound up by him.

I don't think I have ever heard such one sided drivel. Was like listening to a bad in club commentary.

Loved how he grudgingly had to admit that the 1st pen was outside the area. He made up for it by saying the ref had missed other 'definite' penalties though.

Name and shame.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Awful, at the end of the first half he said the game was shrouded in controversy due to two nailed on pens for Saints? Was he having a laugh? Must have been a saints fans.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
The English commentary on Al-Jazeera was no better - seemed to be in the belief that he was in the presence of footballing gods who could do no wrong.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I think the commentary added to my anger - bad ref, bad commentary, bad result. Still 11th in the Championship and the first team must be fit soon!

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
I couldn't believe the biased commentary of that pillock on Al Jazeera. Every shot towards the Brighton goal : "that would have been a great goal if it had gone in/been on target".

Detestable little man.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I couldn't believe the biased commentary of that pillock on Al Jazeera. Every shot towards the Brighton goal : "that would have been a great goal if it had gone in/been on target".

Detestable little man.
this

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
You want to know how to make a bad afternoon worse? Listen to that clown: he was laughably, hysterically bad. You could practically hear the bulge in his trousers growing as he purred over Southampton stringing two passes together (which, tbf, was generally more than we managed), while apparently we only "pipped" them to the title last season, an assessment that Nigel Adkin's own no doubt facially-deformed and pox-ridden close family members couldn't even attempt to make without laughing at the ludicrousness of it all, while he's probably still in the St Mary's changing room, only now gratefully - whimperingly - wiping Ricky Lambert's pie-fuelled spermatazoa from his grinning face, having spilled a drop of it onto his "Matt Le Tissier is god" t-shirt.

Martin Fisher. Absolutely the worst commentator that I've ever heard. Ever.

Martin Fisher. Remember the name.

Albion Rob

He started likening a spell of possession they had to the time Leeds took the piss out of Southampton for about eight minutes in the 70s. I suppose it was like it in the sense we didn't touch the ball but it was very different in the sense they were functionally passing it around their back four and goalie ofr most of it (no tricks and flicks like Leeds), we were down to 10 and looking shattered and not really pressing the ball that hard unless it was in our final third, and we were *only* 3-0 down (rather than 6-0.

With the pens, I didn't see the ones in the first half and if they were pens and the ref didn't give them then fair enough - tough on Soton but there you go. However, whatever the circumstances it is never a penalty if a foul takes place four yards outside the box and so it is irrelevent in the context of the other pens - the referee used his judgement to call a (debatable) foul but it should not have been a pen, end of story.

Mind you, we'd still have lost. :lol:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Isn't that the same guy who commentated on the win over Doncaster?

was it? You mean the guy that went from calling the stadium the Amex correctly to the EH-MAX when Buckley scored.

I hope it was. What a cock.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
You want to know how to make a bad afternoon worse? Listen to that clown: he was laughably, hysterically bad. You could practically hear the bulge in his trousers growing as he purred over Southampton stringing two passes together (which, tbf, was generally more than we managed), while apparently we only "pipped" them to the title last season, an assessment that Nigel Adkin's own no doubt facially-deformed and pox-ridden close family members couldn't even attempt to make without laughing at the ludicrousness of it all, while he's probably still in the St Mary's changing room, only now gratefully - whimperingly - wiping Ricky Lambert's pie-fuelled spermatazoa from his grinning face, having spilled a drop of it onto his "Matt Le Tissier is god" t-shirt.

Martin Fisher. Absolutely the worst commentator that I've ever heard. Ever.

Martin Fisher. Remember the name.

:lol:

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Laughable.

I think he called one decision "virtual assault" on Lambert, when he went down like a sack if shit.

What a nobber

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
At least you didn't record it like I did, with Arabic commentary!!

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
Anyone know who he was?

Not sour grapes in the slightest. Early on in the fairly dull first half where neither team really did much, a lot of us were getting wound up by him.

I don't think I have ever heard such one sided drivel. Was like listening to a bad in club commentary.

Loved how he grudgingly had to admit that the 1st pen was outside the area. He made up for it by saying the ref had missed other 'definite' penalties though.

Name and shame.

Sour grapes.

Of course there's no such thing as a biased Albion commentator is there, no of course not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here