Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thankyou Mr Bloom!

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
On the verge of our 2nd major signing In our new eara, I would like to take this opportunity of thanking Mr Bloom for his continued investment into our football club. :clap2:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Is he underwriting the £8 million loss this year and next as well as paying for the Stadium and training ground.

That is amazing. Deserves a statue!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Unlike other chairman I don't think Tony Bloom spends much time on football forums, might be better to write to him :)

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Is he underwriting the £8 million loss this year and next as well as paying for the Stadium and training ground.

I would imagine he is.

We've got to see this as Tony Bloom sees it. Is it a loss or part of the strategy? Let's face it, he has a plan to get us into the premiership in the next 5 years. That is the aim.

One assumes he is going to execute that plan ruthlessly and that we will taste the premiership between now and 2017/18.

When that happens, it will trigger a significant amount of cash (£90m according to some points of reference). Let's say we make another £8m pound loss next year, and the year after, and the year after that - we're up to £32m in losses. It's still a fraction of the £90m available.

Mr Bloom clearly has the guts to go for it. He's not called the Lizard for nothing. I for one wouldn't bet against him.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Cheers Bloom
Cheers Poyet
Cheers Barber

Wouldn't cost much or take up much room.:whistle:

Oh b@lloxs - do I need to get lawyered up ?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
He hasn't signed, and I understand he's now interested in going to Birmingham.
Not necessarily Birmingham, but it would not surprise me that our interest was used to leverage the new Spanish passport, and now he has his hands on it we will see that he can take his pick, and the agent will ensure he goes to the highest bidder in terms of fee and wages, that wont be us.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Not necessarily Birmingham, but it would not surprise me that our interest was used to leverage the new Spanish passport, and now he has his hands on it we will see that he can take his pick, and the agent will ensure he goes to the highest bidder in terms of fee and wages, that wont be us.

These are my concerns too, the fee wouldn't be as much a gamble for a lower end prem team as for us and they can offer significantly more in wages.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Can he not only cover £5m of the £8m or something under the financial fail play rules? Not sure on exact number but I did not think owners could cover all the losses.

Think its £8m this year then either £8m or £5m the year after

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here