Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thanks for everything, Doug Loft

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
0,,10433%7E3820550,00.jpg

Energetic, could pass, could run with the ball, flair hair, seemed to prove the majority here wrong towards the end of the season - will do well wherever he goes.

Loft ain't here anymore - good luck to him.

:clap:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I hope he finds himself a gig in league football. I would guess that Dagenham might be the first port of call for his agent or perhaps MLS? Could teach Beckham and Birchall a thing or two. Very disappointed to see him, Sullivan and Fraser released

wizo7

Man Met Massive
Dec 17, 2008
Bolney
Was absolutely gutted when i found out that lofty was leaving! thought he played really well in the run in and i thought he deserved another contract. Shame, but i suppose RS knows what he's doing!

Good luck to him wherever he goes. :bowdown:

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Not sure if this is a serious thread due to your normal lets say "Unhappy" ways but...

I Truely think he was devoloping before our eyes in the latter of last season and think he should of stayed but I trust slade and his judgement

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
:down:
I'm still going to wear my Loft replica shirts next season! He'll end up at Dagenham, and then in the championship somewhere. He's class, through and through. Such a shame none of the managers who have had him have really had the faith in him.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
:clap:

A brilliant cult hero and, as it turned out, actually a good footballer too. I hope he goes on to do well whereever he goes (are Dagenham and Redbridge interested?).

He filled the void in our hearts left by Turienzo, but he also could play football - brilliant.

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
yeah ill agree with that, for too long he wasnt given a chance, then when he was i think he showed up well.

I thought he would have got another year but hey-ho

Good luck Doug, i think the Daggers will be interested.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I would have given him a further year based on his performances toward the end of the season. Let's hope we don't end up regretting his departure. Good luck Doug.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
If he'd had the chance he clearly deserved earlier, he could have been a good player for us, as his end of season performances demonstrated. Think he deserved another year to try and keep in the team, but oh well - we can get better.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He proved towards the end of season that he could play reasonably wel,l so perhaps he wont go straight into the conference but have a spell at a Div 2 side. Little unlucky to not be offered a contract after his last few weeks which must prove that BB and DW had a great influence on these decisions as he played well when Slade was here.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
He proved towards the end of season that he could play reasonably wel,l so perhaps he wont go straight into the conference but have a spell at a Div 2 side. Little unlucky to not be offered a contract after his last few weeks which must prove that BB and DW had a great influence on these decisions as he played well when Slade was here.

:hilton::tosser:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I, like everyone else, is hoping we get a couple of QUALITY midfielders in for next season - but I was also looking forward to seeing how Loft (and Tommy Fraser) reacted to playing alongside them, and how much their game could be improved by the influence of better players. Well, that ain't gonna happen now - sad, but true.
Sorry to see the back of Loft - he's been terrific in the last few weeks! Good luck to the lad!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
quite shocked that he was released thought he did really well in the last few games. Dagenham said they wanted him so hopefully that comes true and he will go on to show that he can be a good player

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Anyone suggesting Loft could play in the Championship needs a SLAP. Hopefuly it'd knock some sense into the brain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here