Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thank you Andrew Whing

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
It sounds as if he is on his way. I guess Gus wants a full back who is more comfortable on the ball. He is a real pro and has always given his all for the club.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
If he goes it is a strange decision - there is no competition for RB and not a lot of cover

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Surely he won't go before Villa... Poyet MUST know what it means to him... I know we can't sacrifice football results for niceities such as playing at Villa Park, but we still need cover, Whing has been an integral part of our tema last season and we prolly need him because i cannot take another half season of Hoyte...

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Surely he won't go before Villa... Poyet MUST know what it means to him... I know we can't sacrifice football results for niceities such as playing at Villa Park, but we still need cover, Whing has been an integral part of our tema last season and we prolly need him because i cannot take another half season of Hoyte...

No room for that sentimental stuff - if he is going the Villa game will be neither here nor there for Gus

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Very odd. Sometimes it's patently obvious that the fans know more than the manager. The fans knew more about Dicker's worth than Slade did. The fans know more about Whing's worth than Poyet appears to. Only defender while Jimmy Mac was out that fought tooth and nail for the colours. Patently stupid if he's let go.

Very odd. Sometimes it's patently obvious that the fans know more than the manager. The fans knew more about Dicker's worth than Slade did. The fans know more about Whing's worth than Poyet appears to. Only defender while Jimmy Mac was out that fought tooth and nail for the colours. Patently stupid if he's let go.

I agree. I rate him higher than Hoyte and without seeing Calderon play I can't compare the two yet an experienced RB in this division sounds better than a former Spain division two player who hasn't been at a club for 6 months.

Whing played against Southampton and then Wycombe, we won both of those games conceding 1 goal. The defense seemed very sturdy with him there. I think what Poyet has based his preference to Hoyte on is the fact at both those games win gave away a penalty.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He's going nowhere, just you see.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
I hope not. He's played for us with passion and commitment - I hope he continues to do so.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008

I agree with the sntiment about many fans and managers but its a game of opinion. I know Whing tries hard, and did well at the end of last years dreadful season. Also agree about Slade / Diker but Im with Poyet. Whing's ball control and general footballing abilit is well short to play in a footballing side. Kick, rush and run around side is for Whing, I think Poyet expects more from his players, and football as moved on if you are going to be winners. But its a game of opinions as they say

D

Deleted member 2719

Totally agree big mistake if he goes, i wish the manager would listen to the majority of fans/NSC as they have seen these player over a far longer period and are not biased about there personalities in anyway.

Even if he ain't first choice he would be superb cover.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He did give a hell of a lot to the club when few other players seem to bother and has always seemed to be totally professional. But, equally he did have limitations.

If he is leaving I really do hope that Poyet can give him some time on the pitch as Villa Park as a thank you. To make him one of the subs at Villa is no skin off anyone's nose. If circumstances allow he should at the very least get a few minutes.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Can't understand for the life of me how Hoyte has got in ahead of Whing. Whing is better on every count for me and I would be very disappointed if he left.

I agree, but GP clearly sees some real strength in Hoyte.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here