Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tevez & Mascherano on the move

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
I believe that they may be on 1 year loans but what a coup for 2 top top players. I have not seen anything like this since Villa and Ardiles joined Spurs. Well done to all at West Ham if this deal comes off:clap:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
BarrelofFun said:
This is a major coup for West Ham! :eek: I am genuinely shocked. I suspect some players will have to make way to balance the books (eventually)........

Well they reckon Man U want Reo-Coker.

Can we have Bobby back please...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
bhafc99 said:
Well they reckon Man U want Reo-Coker.

Can we have Bobby back please...

I stated that Reo-Coker was the man I wanted to go as a 'surprise' package to the World Cup. Excellent player and the heartbeat of West Ham. No surprise that ManU are sniffing about.

A quick twist of the arm and I would have bobby back. ;)

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I read this an hour or so ago and did a little scream of disbelief. Its amazing when football news comes in like this. Reinforces the image of how silly i might be.
Brilliant stuff though.

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
it does all seem a bit good to be tru for Hammers fans - one of which sits near me at work and has just made me aware of this article on a Hammers site:

Something Fishy About Tevez And Mascherano To West Ham Deal
August 31st, 2006 by Alan Hylands
And I’m not talking about the year’s supply of jellied eels they’ve got in front of them either. The deal to take Argentina stars Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano to West Ham United hasn’t officially been confirmed yet but football discussion forums are white hot with the news and the potential implications, not only for West Ham but for the premiership at large.

What would attract two of the world’s most sought after, young, talented international stars to Upton Park and the waiting arms of Alan Pardew? At first glance there is no logical explanation. West Ham had a great season last year after their promotion and surprised a lot of people (me included) with their classy football and solid defence that not only gave them a respectable league finish but also took them to the FA Cup Final.

I doubt that their Cup Final defeat in one of the liveliest and most enjoyable Cup Finals in many years will have been enough to tempt the two Argies though and despite having a foot in European competition with the UEFA Cup, I doubt that’s the real pulling factor either.

My suspicions lead me to a somewhat shadier deal being cooked up between the players’ club Corinthians, their owners MSI and another club with shady links to MSI and their owners. It’s long been rumoured that Roman Abramovich is the money man behind MSI and the reason that a broke Brazilian club like Corinthians could afford players like Tevez and Mascherano in the first place. It leaves no doubt in my mind that Chelsea and Roman are behind this proposed season long loan deal for the two Argentinians to West Ham and it’s only for one purpose - to acclimatise the players to London and the Premiership and see whether they are worth signing for Chelsea properly next summer.

There can be no other reason for this transfer to take place. Yes, West Ham are a good, homely club with some good players but for a club to sign Carlton Cole this summer and turn around and also get Carlos Tevez, it leaves me wondering what the motives are. I think I’ve worked out the obvious answer and it doesn’t bode well for the rest of the Premiership.

We’ve seen Chelsea’s strange buys and loan deals in the past with players like Smertin and Jarosik but this moves things to another level completely. Chelsea don’t outright own these players or their club but their guiding hand can skew the transfer market that they can prevent any of their near rivals in the top five from having these players while they park them at a safe and respectable club, close but not too close, for a season to let them mature in the English game.

Something stinks around here and the smell is increasingly eminating from Roman Abramovich’s direction.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
That would be the biggest shock in the transfer market for many years. The absolute cream of Europe have been tracking those two players!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Why is Kev signing for West Ham? Not sure who the guy on the left is either.

Attachments

• _42033026_mascherano_tevez203.jpg
    _42033026_mascherano_tevez203.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 278

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Eastleigh Seagull said:

Something stinks around here and the smell is increasingly eminating from Roman Abramovich’s direction.

Why would West Ham actually care why they are there? So what they wont sign at the end of the season but having two of the better players in the world come and play for you is unbelievable.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
So with the signing of Tevez, does that mean that (the top Premiership goalscorer) Bobby Zamora will be dropped back down to the bench again :nono:

Last edited:

Ice Man

Jan 5, 2006
Two words: Roman Abramovich

He's been interested in Corinthians for ages. I think he's just swayed them away from Man United and Arsenal to West Ham until Chelsea need/want them next year.

But still it's great for West Ham :clap: :clap: :clap:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Tevez and Zamora - a partnership to strike fear into the hearts of defenders

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here