Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tesco think the Christmas season is here

Went to Tesco Extra last night and found a whole aisle labelled 'seasonal'. It had small posters of Christmas trees hanging alongside the Christmas puddings and rum sauce. Still, the large tins of Quality Street/Celebrations/Heroes/Roses etc. were all only £5. I suspect many of these tins will be scoffed well before Dec 25th!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Yep, I'm working in sainsburys part time just inbetween studies and whilest ticketing this morning came across a number of Christmas products.

Bloody ridiculous, but it's happening more and more now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In the papers Cadburys have reduced the contents of their tins of Roses down to 860gms or thereabout from 975gms last year. Apparently it equates to about 11 or 12 sweets.

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
Shops buy Christmas stock starting in February at the Spring Fair, ready for the next Christmas…

Card Factory, that well known emporium of cheaper than cheap greetings tat, were selling Christmas cards in July….

and the perennial winner of the "Cor Blimey I don't believe it" award for the first Christmas Mail order catalogue, Diabetes UK, send their catalogue out mid/late July!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Horrendous. I used to work at Specsavers in Devon, my friend was a Director there.

The back office girls started planning Christmas early October and had everything done by the start of November, other than the fresh food. Enjoy Autumn for what it is!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
In the papers Cadburys have reduced the contents of their tins of Roses down to 860gms or thereabout from 975gms last year. Apparently it equates to about 11 or 12 sweets.

Remember when they used to be 2KG?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I work at the Coop, and we've had most our Xmas stock in for a couple of weeks. Madness.

D

Deleted member 18477

santaaaaaaaaa claussssss is coming to townnnn!!!:rave::rave::rave:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Pretty standard practice, most retailers have seasonal aisles and therefore after the back to school period there is little else until late October and Halloween which won't sell until closer to the date so shops would rather fill with Christmas stock than have empty shelves. It also means they have more room in the stockroom and this helps as there isn't then a rush to supply stores with thousands of items in a few weeks before Christmas - Post Christmas sales its filled by easter eggs etc because there is little else to bulk fill that space

That said i was still surprised yesterday when i saw someone taking an artificial Christmas tree home

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It's a joke. It actually spoils Xmas IMHO as everyone's sick of it by the time it arrives. Would be much better if retailers just kicked things off on Dec 1st. Still plenty of time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here