Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tesco broadband

Has anyone got it and is it OK?

At £19.97/month for 512Kb no limits, free modem and free connection, is about £5-7/month cheaper than the others.

so is it worth it?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Their car insurance is good.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Mike C Gull said:
Has anyone got it and is it OK?

At £19.97/month for 512Kb no limits, free modem and free connection, is about £5-7/month cheaper than the others.

so is it worth it?

Have not got it but would not trust it myself.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I'd be well up for it, can anyone get it?

I don't live in a cabled area so it's broadband through the phone exchange only for me and so far the best option I've found is Wanadoo who limit usage which I'm not happy about.

So if anyone has any further info on Tesco's service I'd be very grateful to hear.

Their food is generally ten times cheaper than Sainsbury's with little variation so I see no reason not to trust them with broadband

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
My brothers got the standard 56k with Tesco and he says they're fine. At the end of the day Tesco are shit hot for customer service so if you have problems they'll sort it. What can go wrong? If the broadband is dodgy they'll refund you.

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
It's basically a 'branded' ADSL service from BT (or freeserve). The standard will be the same as say BT. Seems like a bargain, especially with the free connection.

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Mr Cellophane said:
Tesco broadband is a rebranding on NTL, need I say more?

Yes. Are you saying NTL is good or bad?

Mr Cellophane

Dec 26, 2003
Never used them so can't say from personal experience but from reports I have read NTL are bad, very bad.

But then I have seen reports that Telewest are bad, very bad.

And I have seen reports that BT are bad, very bad.

and i have ....................................

Last edited:

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
I have NTL Broadband here, and I have never really had any problems. Been connnected for over 2 years now, and only lost connections for about five times. A slight improvement over BTOpenwoe, who were continually dodgy...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here